Custom Ring Design

(14 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Tue 07-Jul-15 11:16:19

My Dp and I have discussed getting married. I do not wear jewellery so told him not to worry about an engagement ring but I found one design I absolutely loved online years and years ago and we have both been looking for the seller since.

This week I found out its actually a bloody bracelet angry

Would a ring designer be able to match the design do you think? Will it cost a fortune.

nipersvest Tue 07-Jul-15 11:19:59

my ring was designed by me and made by a local girl i found who made jewellery and had her own shop, this was 18 years ago, so price wise it'll be out of date but mine cost £180. so yes, someone could easily match a design for you.

A jewellery designer will be happy to do something very similar to it. Some may be happy to make one identical but others may not.

The price will vary depending on the designer and the materials used.

Have you got a link to the bracelet?

TobleroneBoo Tue 07-Jul-15 11:33:25

its this one but in the original photo I had, you couldn't see at all that It was a bracelet:

shop.nordstrom.com/s/nadri-crystal-scroll-bangle/3105728?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=713

Yeah, you could get someone to do that I guess. It won't be cheap though, given the pave setting and amount of stones. What metal do you want it done in and what stones?

The only designers/jewellers I personally know who would do that would charge quite a bit

TobleroneBoo Tue 07-Jul-15 12:02:36

I have no clue to be honest - total novice here

Ok, it would need to be cast rather than hand made, there are some who could do by hand but the price for that would be huge! What is your budget as it would cost quite a bit, pave setting can cause lots of swearing grin There are an awful lot of stones in it too.

You may be better off looking at various retailers, particularly online, who have similar styles already in rings. Or you could consider something a little more simple? Or try a jeweller on the high street and ask them how much they would charge for such a ring but they will want to know your metal and stone requirements.

IReallyAmHephzibah Tue 07-Jul-15 12:19:50

Look in independent jewelers, my local one has very similar rings to that! (Midlands town).

MrsSkinnyLegs Tue 07-Jul-15 19:12:55

Second the poster above suggesting a commisioned ring of this type will be dear. Whereas you could source the stones/ metal for a pretty reasonable cost, the time/ labour price would be high. Search on Google Images for 'floral band' and you'll find all sorts of goodies like this. Liberty in London carry something similar, I've also seen them in the Burlington Arcade in Piccadilly, or you could give Etsy a whirl. Lovely style of ring, good luck.

ForSaleChesterDraws Tue 07-Jul-15 19:37:40

I would look up CVB inspired design on Etsy (bases in the USA so you'll need to factor in import duties) or look up Ungar and Ungar rings (which are available in the UK) www.ungarandungar.com/rings/floral-bands.html

You'll need to factor in that they are more expensive than you would think because the intricate work is far more labour intensive than a plain band.

Phantomquartz Wed 08-Jul-15 13:56:19

Do you realise that the bangle is made of cubic zirconia not diamonds?

It looks like Nadri don't make rings but there are some similar designs here.

florascotia Wed 08-Jul-15 15:45:36

Filgree rings were fashionable in the USA in the early-mid 20th cent. This jeweller sells some reproduction ones, for example: www.marleneharriscol.com/item/WB-D-FLO-16

florascotia Wed 08-Jul-15 15:46:07

I can spell 'filigree' .... sorry for typo.

TobleroneBoo Wed 08-Jul-15 17:39:12

Thanks for all of your responses. Phantom I hadn't paid much attention to the material, just the design

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now