maxi skirts, discuss!

(7 Posts)
alfieandanniesmum Mon 06-Jul-15 15:46:04

Hi ladies I have just been reading this post and am tempted to give the look a go. I am a size 14/16, does anyone else this size wear maxi skirts and if so any tips on good places to find them?

S x

Mygardenistoobig Mon 06-Jul-15 16:16:42

Well the woman in the picture looks fantastic but she is hardly average.

I do think maxi skirts look very comfy and elegant.

I have just bought a maxi dress in matalan.
I'm a size 12 btw. X

I wouldn't know where to buy that style of top from. Maybe look on line to begin with.

canny1234 Mon 06-Jul-15 16:21:16

I wear stripy ones by Max and Co or Max Studio from Tk Maxx.I buy the roll over waistband ones and the paneled stripe skirts.These are very flattering on my size 14 rather short body with a plain t shirt.

Oly4 Mon 06-Jul-15 16:35:53

Love them! Really versatile and pack well for holidays

PetiteBateau Mon 06-Jul-15 17:26:52

I love maxi skirts. I wear them with t-shirts tucked in with belt & sandals for work in the summer.

alfieandanniesmum Mon 06-Jul-15 23:25:54

Thanks ladies. Really hard to tell when the model is so small. But the blogger looks like a size 12 ish so can't be that far off!

Potterwolfie Tue 07-Jul-15 00:46:03

I'm a tall 14 (5ft 11) and I live in maxi skirts in the spring and summer, on account of me not really liking my chunky calves! I have ones from TK Maxx, Flying Tomato and Asos New Look Tall.

I wear them with a vest top, tucked in t-shirt and flats, and a denim jacket if I need a layer. Love me a maxi skirt!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now