Melasma help, please

(6 Posts)
Notagainmun Mon 06-Jul-15 13:20:36

I look like I have a five o'clock shadow. Can anyone recommend a fading cream and a powerful concealer to go under my foundation? Getting rather down about it.

Marylou2 Mon 06-Jul-15 14:22:22

Have you looked at Caroline Hirons Website.I usually find that she knows what to do and there is advice on Melasma.My links never work so I won't try to do one but it's easy to find on googlesmile .

Olecranon Mon 06-Jul-15 14:56:49

I am trying the eucerin skin brightener at the moment and think it might be fading a little. I usually use a benefit concealer called boing which is pretty good. Usually use double wear foundation but liking bourgeois 123 cc cream.

google apple cider vinegar, its meant to be great at fading

Kundry Mon 06-Jul-15 20:52:38

I think the news from Caroline on fading melasma is bad I'm afraid sad It's not as fadeable as other forms of sun related pigmentation. She's really clear that you need to wear high factor broad spectrum SPF from now until forever to prevent it getting worse.

Hopefully her video with Dr Sam Bunting will help you. Both of them add stuff in the comments as well if you watch on youtube. I think laser is meant to help but I know at least one poster on here found hers got worse with it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5Z61R6qge8

In terms of coverage Dermablend foundation and concealer are usually recommended for serious camouflage. However if you're v pale the concelaer doesn't really go pale enough. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage gets a lot of recommendations and you can mix the colour yourself.

Rexy Mon 06-Jul-15 22:10:47

I posted about this before

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2349942-Malasma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now