HOC Summers - advice please

(7 Posts)
AdorabeezleWinterpop Sun 05-Jul-15 14:45:07

I have recently had my colours analysed and I am a summer. As I have a wardrobe full of black and brown, I am looking to buy a few things in 'my' colours. I was wondering if anyone who is a Summer had seen anything in the shops/online that might be suitable? My 'best' colours were slate grey, raspberry, cherry, light blues (delf) and jade. I have looked at Kettlewell, but it is ££ when I am just starting to introduce colour!

Also, I have a hair appointment soon and I usually get my hair coloured red. My analyst did show me some pics for possible hair colours but if I had something to take to the hairdressers that would be great. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

AdorabeezleWinterpop Sun 05-Jul-15 20:10:10

Hopeful bump!

Chewbecca Sun 05-Jul-15 20:15:08

Hi, I'm a summer too. We used to have a thread running but it filled up and I'm not aware of a new one starting.

I think a few more details are needed for anyone to help you, colour alone is probably not enough!

What are you looking for, dresses, tops? For holidays, hot weather, work, parties? What size/shape are you?

I'm not wild for kettle well stuff, it's just not my style, not keen on the jersey fabrics.

As a brand, I find white stuff has lots of clothes in 'summer' shades if you like that style?

Chewbecca Sun 05-Jul-15 20:16:22

Re: hairdressers, my consultant told me that all colour charts run from yellow to blue and we have to use the blue end of the scale. Having never coloured my hair, I cannot verify this!

LordEmsworth Sun 05-Jul-15 20:21:48

Not sure I can help, as I got mine done in April and am also struggling... sounds like our "best" colours are the same too, and I get my hair coloured red, so I think you might actually be me wink. I was a bit taken aback by the girliness of the palette - there are a lot of pinks, and I avoid pink/red like the plague.

I have been shopping a few times and there doesn't seem to be much out there. Hobbs is good for the colours but too pricey if I try it and am too scared to wear it!

For my hair, the consultant shook her head at my faded orange blush and suggested burgundy or aubergine; both of which are a bit too strong for me I think but might work for you?

AdorabeezleWinterpop Sun 05-Jul-15 21:10:47

More info would have been useful - sorry! I am size 8/10 and would like to start with some basics like t-shirts and also dresses that I can wear for work. Maybe a party dress/nice top too.

I have worn a periwinkle blue top today that I bought last year and never worn - it has been a big step for me!

Deeznutz Sun 05-Jul-15 23:17:27

Mistral,Seasalt,EKO Sense, Braintree and Indigo at M&S have a palette that is very much Summer/soft summer. Nomads is muted at the moment too.

Brora is good for investment stuff.

Hair wise it should be mid toned and cool with possibly ash toned subtle highlights. If you are doing it yourself look at a dye that is 6.1/6.2 or 5.1/5.2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now