Women's boxers?

(13 Posts)
Insertwitticismhere Fri 03-Jul-15 22:20:11

Now that I've got a baby (dd is 4 months) I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time sitting cross legged on various floor or crawling about on all fours. I've been living in my maternity jeans but would really like to wear skirts and dresses especially whilst it's hot. I would like to do this without being in constant fear of flashing my unkempt bikini line. I thought the solution would be shorts style knickers but having bought some from M&S they seem to be more like the 'midi knickers' my mother is fond of. I was hoping for something which came further down the thigh. Do any of you know where I might source such items or do you have an alternative solution?
Thanks!

Murinea Sat 04-Jul-15 07:51:55

I have been looking for those too. Here's one option I found that might fit the bill - www.amazon.co.uk/Blackspade-Essentials-Seamless-Boy-Shorts/dp/B00D8DBCDK - haven't bought them yet though.

ZaraW Sat 04-Jul-15 08:16:47

I have some Calvin Klein shorts which I got in the sale and they are great. Word of warning though I bought some cheapie ones that were 100% synthetic, it was a hot day and I sweated so much and I was wearing light coloured trousers it looked like I had an "accident"........

Firedemon Sat 04-Jul-15 08:19:36

I favour a completely covered bum cheek and my pants of choice are from uniqlo. Two pairs for £9.95 so not mega cheap but they are big! And they don't look like bloomers.
Highly recommended if you like your pants to the thighs grin

Artandco Sat 04-Jul-15 10:30:48

Just wear a longer skirt/ dress?

Insertwitticismhere Sat 04-Jul-15 16:19:48

Thanks! Will give those black spade numbers a go Murinea; they are 95% cotton so should avoid an incident of the type zara mentioned. They do, however, have a 'towelling gusset' which may take some getting used to!

Uniqlo don't seem to do the double pack any more and the only non patterned numbers are grey.

Art a fair point but I don't own anything above knee length and maxi dresses/skirts I find hazardous on stairs.

XiCi Sat 04-Jul-15 16:25:03

I just get xs Calvins . They're really comfortable to sleep in

absolutelynotfabulous Sat 04-Jul-15 16:45:25

How would they look under leggings/jeggings?

XiCi Sat 04-Jul-15 18:06:59

Hmm, not sure. I imagine you would have a VPL with leggings

Skinheadmermaid Sun 05-Jul-15 00:19:14

I find women's boxers expose just as much bum cheek as any other knicker.
I just buy men's tight boxers. They're very comfortable and bottom covering and you won't get VPL as they sit under the buttock curve.
And you can get all sorts of fun patterns.
I need to get some more actually, I used to wear them mainly for martial arts, as high kicking in a lacy thong is not recommended! grin

Effster23 Sun 05-Jul-15 23:31:32

Primark women's boxers are surprisingly good - I wear 'em for work; just bear in mind they have naff printed designs.
DH was mildly amused by the pair that say nibble nibble across the arse.

Insertwitticismhere Mon 06-Jul-15 12:03:46

Only mildly amused effster? Thanks the tip will take a look.

Have raided DH's underwear drawer and have pinched a couple of pairs that he deems to be too small so will see how I get on.

Effster23 Mon 06-Jul-15 13:32:28

Yep. He's a miserable git!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now