How to tone up in a month ? Is it possible ??

(14 Posts)
ginorwine Thu 02-Jul-15 20:57:45

Going on holiday .
Too many choc s, wine , crisps !
I have put on weight in my middle area .
Can I tone this in a month . I can pinch two inches of additional tum !
I can't do running or high impact anything due to knee problem ! Hate swimming and riding a bike hurts the knee .
Any good DVDs or advice would be gratefully recieved !!!!

ManicPixieDream Thu 02-Jul-15 21:05:08

Weighted hula hoop? Walking everywhere (try and do your 10000 steps)

Drink loads of water and eat sensibly.

thehumanjam Thu 02-Jul-15 21:07:06

It sounds like it is a weight issue rather than exercise. My gym instructor said that tummy issues can only be improved so much with exercise, it's reducing your food intake that is key.

As well as losing weight I would recommend doing "The Shred", it made a difference within a few weeks.

Carpaccio Thu 02-Jul-15 21:09:34

Exercise and eat less bad food.

How about walking or doing pilates?

Bakeoffcake Thu 02-Jul-15 21:17:35

Cut down on carbs and do The 30 Dsy Shred. You'll lose weight and get toned in 4 weeks.

stripytees Thu 02-Jul-15 21:49:20

Shred is no good if you have knee issues, I had to give up on it after a week.

DarylDixonsDarlin Thu 02-Jul-15 22:07:35

Agree I wouldn't call shred low impact at all really, I found it quite hard going on my knees. Maybe try a few days of it doing the bits you can do? The first level was available on youtube not sure if still there?

Slash sugar right out of your diet. Absolutely, no messing. And cut down on carbs, no alcohol either, and you will probably see quite an improvement in a month.

Yoga or Pilates would be my other suggestions.

hettie Thu 02-Jul-15 22:28:58

I'll join you grin am going for 'Food Doctor' principles (not the whole thing as I can't cope with the idea of being hungry) and then doing the shred... I am actualy quite slim but with wobbly bits so just need to shift my arse into gear!

PrettyObvious Thu 02-Jul-15 23:02:28

Swimming is the only thing that does it for me these days.

burnishedsilver Thu 02-Jul-15 23:04:39

It sounds like you need to lose fat rather than tone muscle. By all means exercise but you'll need to cut the crap out of your diet too.

IJustLostTheGame Fri 03-Jul-15 07:31:14

T25?

Turquoiseblue Fri 03-Jul-15 07:37:37

Cut down on bread and processed carbs, drop refined sugars, alcohol, biscuits and crisps.
Drink lots of water.
Can you do aquareobics or pool running ? They re quite good for toning and using up calories.
If you ve not got a month you need a good aerobic workout with some toning too. No time to say what you like or don't like just get on with it and do it! (Sorry)
Swimming - (fAst swimming ) is brilliant for toning and losing weight but be careful it has been shown to increase appetite so you ll need to watch that you re not just replacing the calories burnt afterwards.

ginorwine Fri 03-Jul-15 08:09:36

Thanks all for inspiration !
Come on h ettie we can do it !!!

Pagalee Fri 03-Jul-15 14:50:56

In the last month I've been doing weights 3-4 times a week and low-carbing and have lost 10 lbs. Tum is definitely less wobbly.

The Shred DVD is good if you can commit to doing it at least 5 times a week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now