Keeping cool with fat thighs!

(11 Posts)
Elfina Thu 02-Jul-15 13:58:36

So I need to be dressed smartly casual for work. Normally I wear dresses and opaques, but obviously much too hot for tights at the mo. Trouble is, I have fat thighs that get sweaty and rub a bit in haut dresses. I worry that I'll be too hot in trousers?! Any ideas?

bendybrickpumpkinpatch Thu 02-Jul-15 14:02:08

Ive got fat thighs. I'm wearing a long black maxi skirt and stripy vest top today.

I'm cool but if I walk too far I do get a bit of chub rub sad

gotredonyou Thu 02-Jul-15 14:46:58

I have fat thighs and wear short sleeve dresses & 3/4 cotton leggings.

Linen/cotton black trousers & a sleeveless loose blouse.

TheSpottedZebra Thu 02-Jul-15 15:04:59

Trousers for me too. Not too tight, natural fibres, and a slight crop with open shoes or sandals.

DonkeyOaty Thu 02-Jul-15 15:09:37

Yes to short leggings under a frock

Yes to trousers and floaty top

Also yes to decent bras, no need to have trenchboob if they are hoisted effectively

slug Thu 02-Jul-15 15:37:59

Sloggi long leg underwear. It's revolutionised my life.

AlpacaPicnic Thu 02-Jul-15 20:50:09

Loose linen trousers are my summer wardrobe, with loose tunic tops.
If I do feel wearing a skirt, then I wear knee length shorts under it, from an old pair of cheesecloth type material trousers that I cut down.

samlamb Fri 03-Jul-15 12:11:53

www.evans.co.uk/en/evuk/product/evans-black-comfort-short-2-pack-4144586?geoip=noredirect&cmpid=ppc_pla_UK_ip&utm_medium=cpc&istCompanyId=b60a50db-e373-4ec2-aca8-9fa395e9832d&istItemId=plaxlpqlq&istBid=tztx&gclid=CNGx4MPpvsYCFWdptAod7PYATQ&gclsrc=ds

A lady on another thread said these had changed her life.

Cheers slug for other link I'm getting some smile

Deeznutz Fri 03-Jul-15 13:09:39

I wear Peacocks shape shorts under my maxi dresses. Only £6 and they don't roll down. Bloody marvellous.

Candra Fri 03-Jul-15 16:33:44

I often wear leggings under dresses for this very reason. However if you don't want it show and it's too hot how about cotton cycling shorts or gym shorts that go to the knee.

CurlsLDN Fri 03-Jul-15 18:21:26

I hate wearing leggings under dresses, because 1. You no longer get the wind up your willows, and 2. The look isn't my style (though can look great on others)

So I've ordered this, I'm eagerly awaiting it's arrival m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=/en/Lanacane-Anti-Chafing-Gel-30g_51067/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now