Bobbi Brown Serum Foundation?

(8 Posts)
cathcustard Thu 02-Jul-15 10:48:22

BB suits my sallow complexion, it's the first time I've ever had the perfect colour match.

Could this be the holy grail or shall I stick with my usual Skin Foundation?
If anyone's tried it I'd love to hear.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 02-Jul-15 10:53:19

I have it and really like it. I'm pale and was colour matched to sand I think.

It's quite moisturising, good coverage and lasts well.

cathcustard Thu 02-Jul-15 11:01:41

Thanks Viva I'm warm natural skin colour only with aging dry skin.
Think I'll try it.

VivaLeBeaver Thu 02-Jul-15 11:21:38

i'm with you on the aging drying skin! The BB woman told me to exfoliate more as it was slightly chalky on my cheeks which I get with other foundations. She said it was dead skin cells- yuck. So I'm exfoliating more now and it seems a lot better.

Candra Thu 02-Jul-15 12:27:12

I have it and I really like it.

Candra Thu 02-Jul-15 12:34:45

The only thing is the more tanned your face gets you need different shades although it is sheer enough to give great cover and just some bronzer on to match your colour. It is also quite shiny which is perfect for drier skin. I have I think combination but dehydrated skin so it glides on nicely but I need to use a powder to set which kind of misses the point of it.

I will use it mainly after summer now I think and use my CC cream for now.

Candra Thu 02-Jul-15 12:39:30

Saying that I've just put on my bobbi brown after a couple of weeks of using CC cream and whilst going on paler than my new tan it has after a few minutes blended to my skin colour. I'm an super happy and very relived. Still need powder tho as face is super shiny.

cathcustard Thu 02-Jul-15 13:01:01

Thanks for the comments.

I was told about exfoliating too Viva, the Clarins exfoliating toner seems to be helping.

My face is a bit browner at the moment Candra so I know what you mean about shade matching.

I'm slightly concerned about the shiny finish because I find the dewy look slides off my face in about an hour. Using a primer then a powder might be overloading my face too much.

I'll report back when it arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now