Shorts under dress help

(6 Posts)
LittleMissRayofHope Tue 30-Jun-15 09:20:53

I'm not very good at dresses. I like them, like to wear them in the summer but tend to be a bit clumsy. Also have 2 small DC who need a lot of playing with, this involves getting up and down from the floor, or climbing etc.

I want some little shorts to wear under my dresses that will preserve my dignity but not be obvious through the dress. And are not really underwear. I know I could buy 'girl boxers' but I want these to go over my underwear.
Then I will feel more covered and more comfortable.

Anyone know what I want??

Tia smile

GobblersKnob Tue 30-Jun-15 09:33:40

Cut some cheap leggings down to the length you require?

HerrenaHarridan Tue 30-Jun-15 09:41:00

On eBay I just bought a pair of loose shorts make out of thin jersey cotton.
They would be visible under a short dress but would just look like a black skirt layer.

I also have pairs of cycling short length legging in beige/nude and black.

And I have knee length cropped legging with out without lace in a variety of colours.

I can also recommend control shorts that are a couple of sizes too big, so not controlling but feel silky and nice and give you coverage.

I wear a dress everyday so I have a lot of choices.

Hold on I'll go through my eBay buying list and provide some links

HerrenaHarridan Tue 30-Jun-15 09:46:24

wide jersey shorts

half leggings with lace

beige shorts

control shorts really really size up otherwise you will end up all knobbly out the top and it spoils the line of the dress

LittleMissRayofHope Tue 30-Jun-15 09:49:05

Oooo, thank you so much!

I shall have a look see

CMOTDibbler Tue 30-Jun-15 10:01:02

I got jersey cycling shorts on ebay in a few colours. Mine were described as safety shorts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now