What do you take on holiday make up wise?

(17 Posts)
Crutchlow35 Sun 28-Jun-15 18:42:55

Particularly to replace foundation?

BB cream - the Boots Botanics one is quite nice.
Blusher
mascara
a brown eyeshadow to use as eyeliner, and a grey one ditto
lipstick

That's about it

HainaultViaNewburyPark Sun 28-Jun-15 18:46:53

Moisturiser with a reasonable SPF, and lip balm.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Sun 28-Jun-15 18:53:07

Not much is the answer, but then I don't really bother with 'base' make up at home anyway unless going out to something formalish in the PM.

Beach type holidays, I take a kohl type eye pencil that I can smudge into a smokey ish eye, waterproof mascara, eyelash curlers and a nudeish/pinkish 'my lips but better' lipstick. I only wear this in the evenings, during the day I'm in and out of water and it would just melt/rub off anyway.

City break type holidays, I tend to take the above capsule make-up bag and add in a tinted moisturiser (LM oil free), a tawny based blusher (normally Nars douceur, now discontinued) and a bright, matte lipstick.

Crutchlow35 Sun 28-Jun-15 19:06:02

Remus how do you colour match the BB cream once you have a bit of colour on your face though?

CeeceeBloomingdale Sun 28-Jun-15 19:21:52

Just a dusting of loose translucent powder for base, eyeliner and mascara plus lipgloss for the rest, possibly a cream blush. Not much, not every night and certainly not in the day.

fieldfare Sun 28-Jun-15 19:42:20

I don't wear foundation much anyway so a BB cream a shade darker than normal, goldy/light brown eyeshadow, dark grey kohl eyeliner, mascara and a tinted lip balm.

I don't tbh. I don't wear any in the day if going somewhere hot, and at night I'd only use enough to make my nose non-greasy, so nobody would really notice the colour anyway. If it looked silly, I just wouldn't wear any.

BlankXpression Sun 28-Jun-15 19:55:04

I don't wear make-up ruing the day on a beach holiday.

For evenings, I take my normal make-up bag, but a CC cream or tinted moisturiser rather than foundation.

minionmug Sun 28-Jun-15 20:05:43

Just got back from holiday in Italy. I brought primer, mineral foundation, mineral blusher, waterproof mascara, gel eyeliner, eyebrow powder and lip stain. I don't do beach holidays, mostly city breaks or active sightseeing. I wouldn't go make up free on holiday, I think if you use primer and good products it will still look good all day even in very hot climates.

andadietcoke Sun 28-Jun-15 20:07:59

I've just got back from Greece where I had to wear a full face of makeup half way through for my sister's wedding. I bought a tinted moisturiser in a shade or two darker and used my normal Aerin bronzer to mattify it a bit.

yazzy85 Sun 28-Jun-15 21:25:11

cc/bb cream or a tinted moisturiser, bare minerals matte (to keep the oily skin in control), suncream, mascara, tinted lip balm, blush/bronzer.

Jakadaal Sun 28-Jun-15 21:54:47

I used to always use Clarins tinted moisturiser (1 shade darker than I would normally buy). This year I have started using Bare Minerals so am planning to use that. After that mascara and eyeliner, a little blusher and lip tint. Clarins freebie out at the moment and they have a lip balm/gloss as one of the options and I will take that this year

FrugalFashionista Sun 28-Jun-15 22:15:01

Leaving on Wed, taking my Biore Watery Essence spf 50, Missha Magic BB cushion, a nude lip pencil, some lipgloss, my stripy bronzer and my mineral powder compact. Even that is probably overkill.

MoustacheofRonSwanson Mon 29-Jun-15 08:19:10

RMS "un" cover up for a foundation replacement

and also...
Sante lash balm/clear mascara doubles as brow tamer/conditioner
RMS solar (gold) cream eyeshadow that can double as shimmery cheekbone highlighter
Korres lip butter stick in mandarin, spf 15, can be a blush too

Petal02 Mon 29-Jun-15 10:01:11

If I use primer (I swear by Boots No 7 airbrush primer) I can get away without foundation, and the added bonus is that it reduces shine slightly too.

So for a beach holiday, I take make-up to define my eyes and mattify my skin (I have oily skin that tans well) - so it's primer, Clinique Instant Pore Perfector, Corn Silk Loose Powder, with mascara, eyeliner and any sort of lip gloss.

milkmilklemonade12 Mon 29-Jun-15 10:09:20

Lancôme primer is really good for a dewy skin look in the evening

Bare Minerals mascara (best even coverage I've found)

Lancôme blusher

Lipgloss

This is what I wear on a daily basis in the UK in the summer though. It has to be quick to apply (2 mins or less), last the bulk of the day and be gentle on my skin so it won't cause breakouts. Heavy makeup is my downfall.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now