Real Techniques Brushes - which ones do I need

(16 Posts)
ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Sat 27-Jun-15 21:50:34

I'm going to treat myself to some new brushes and thought I'd give Real Techniques a try (based on the reviews on here) but I'm a bit confused about what to get.
Can you advise me which foundation brush I need if I'm using Bobbi Brown Skin liquid foundation and I like a very natural look?
Also what blusher brush should I get, for using with a cream blusher, again I like a natural finish, not interested in contouring etc

Carpaccio Sat 27-Jun-15 22:13:19

I like the expert face brush for any liquid foundation.
I like the stippling brush for cream and liquid blusher.

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Mon 29-Jun-15 17:51:16

Bumping for the night time crowd - any other recommendations

mrssmooth Mon 29-Jun-15 17:54:11

I second Carpaccio's choices. I think I've got the contouring brush for blusher, but I use powder blusher so can't comment on how good it would be for a cream blusher. Love all their brushes - have also got their eyeshadow blending brush which is lovely. I treated myself to some new ones when they were on offer in Boots and Superdrug - not sure if they still are on offer though :/

MamaLazarou Mon 29-Jun-15 17:56:35

I love love LOVE the stippling brush for foundation. It's foolproof.

MamaLazarou Mon 29-Jun-15 17:57:02

The retractable kabuki-style brush is brilliant, too.

mewkins Mon 29-Jun-15 18:03:18

My best used is the retractable blusher brush. It is brilliant for picking up bronzer or blusher and dispensing it in a subtle way. I don't know why it works so well it just does.

FrugalFashionista Mon 29-Jun-15 18:03:43

The stippling brush is ace. It is ugly as hell but really good for liquid foundation and BB cream, much better finish than with my fingers.

bluebump Mon 29-Jun-15 20:05:47

I love the expert face one. I won some too via the competition on their website and like every one! My latest purchase is the eyeliner one, it is really easy to use.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 29-Jun-15 21:10:25

My DD has some, she loves them.
I bought myself the silicone eyeliner 'brush' and I cannot get on with it at all sad

BelindaAllWorkedOut Mon 29-Jun-15 21:20:32

Another vote for their stippling brush for liquid foundation / BB cream.

frankietwospots Mon 29-Jun-15 22:13:40

Yep, stippling brush, definitely. I have the blusher brush but it's a bit too fat.

emsyj Mon 29-Jun-15 22:30:24

They are much cheaper on amazon than in Boots. I don't think much of the eye set but I've got the stippling brush and the 'core collection' and all the brushes in that are great.

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Tue 30-Jun-15 18:32:21

Well it looks like he stippling brush wins over the expert brush.

I'm a bit disappointed that some of you don't rate the eye brushes, I was going to buy the set.

plentyofshoes Tue 30-Jun-15 18:45:06

Face powder and blusher brush are excellent.

mewkins Tue 30-Jun-15 20:59:55

Oh I do like the two biggest ones in the eyebrush set but I don't use the other three. I would probably just get a single eye brush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now