Bra fitting advice please

(5 Posts)
Pastamancer Sat 27-Jun-15 12:45:39

I have just bought this bra in a 38GG and 36H as I'm not sure what size I need. I have measured myself and am happy that a 36 band is needed but measuring suggests a 36J and the cups are gaping when I try that size so it appears I need smaller cups than my measurements suggest.

I need to return them as they don't fit but am hoping for some help on here to suggest what to try next. I want underwired nursing bras and there aren't many out there so narrowing down what size to try as much as possible would be very helpful.

Problems:
Central gore does not sit flat
Cups gape
The sides gape at the top above where the wire ends

Thanks

Furball Sun 28-Jun-15 06:30:23

Did you scoop? as that makes a lot of difference to getting all the boob in the cup

You put your right hand under your left armpit and scoop all the flesh into the front then do the same on the other side

quite often boobage migrates round the corner and unless you show it the way it stays there, it should all be up front smile

AnythingNotEverything Sun 28-Jun-15 06:48:15

How does the band feel if you put the bra on backwards? Snug but not too restrictive? You should be be able to pull it away from your body further than a cm or so.

Pastamancer Sun 28-Jun-15 11:09:35

Yep I scooped and the 36 band fits fine.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 28-Jun-15 13:38:55

Over the style doesn't suit your shape. Can you go for a face to face fitting somewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now