FFS!!! Why do all cream eyeshadows contain bismuth oxychloride (or however u spell it!)

(7 Posts)
Indecisivejo Sat 27-Jun-15 08:02:30

I want a long lasting cream eyeshadow that I DONT have to order online that doesn't contain this ingredient!
Can anyone help please?

addictedtosugar Sat 27-Jun-15 08:36:12

Cause it has a nice feel, sticks well to skin, is a good colour and is also slightly shimmery.

What are your reasons for wanting to avoid it?

Indecisivejo Sat 27-Jun-15 09:58:38

It really irritates my eyes sad

ZacharyQuack Sat 27-Jun-15 11:47:35

RMS cream shadow doesn't look like it contains bismuth thingumy here

addictedtosugar Sat 27-Jun-15 13:56:55

Sorry to hear your one of the few who is sensitive to it.

Suspect your going to be restricted by brands, as you've already realised, its pretty widely used. Sorry, no suggestions.

Carpaccio Sat 27-Jun-15 14:26:49

Try the Laura Mercier Caviar Sticks: www.lauramercier.com/eye-shadow/caviar-stick-eye-colour-prod450002.html#start=2

There are two colours with Bismuth Oxychloride according to the ingredients tab on the link; Steel and Twilight. BO isn't listed as an ingredient in the other colours. Please double check the ingredients on the box/with the ladies at the counter before buying.

I really like these shadows, they last really well, blend well and just look great!

I would also have a look at Clinique's chubby sticks for eyes and Bobbi Brown's cream shadows (they look like the Caviar sticks). You should be able to find the ingredient lists online.

Indecisivejo Sat 27-Jun-15 15:44:28

Thank you will check out RMS.
clinique and Bobbi brown both have this ingredient I already checked sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now