Help me find a swim suit!

(9 Posts)
WorkingItOutForMyself Wed 24-Jun-15 21:01:47

Ok, following on from my thread about horrendous body hair, (I have lots, it's dark) I am looking for help finding the perfect swimsuit. All my life I've bought cheap bikinis and hated them.

I hate having to maintain my bikini line, as I can't wax so have to shave. It's tidy down there but I'm very skinny so I feel very self conscious anyway and aware that stray hairs will show. I have a 'thigh gap' which I don't like, and there is literally no place to hide.

Ideally I'd like a really nice grown up, stylish bikini with shorts, but so far I cannot find one. Such a thing seems not to exist - I guess because shorts just are not remotely fashionable?!

In the past I'd have worn a nice bikini top and a pair of short surf board shorts. But now I'm older, and not sure this look will work.

I have no boobs so also need to take this into consideration.

Andy advice or suggestions more than welcome!!

Tronkmanton Wed 24-Jun-15 21:07:25

Try Figleaves, their swim wear is great, really flattering. Try halter neck style with padding on boobs and boy leg style bottom half. They have a good selection.

PunkrockerGirl Wed 24-Jun-15 21:11:33

Have a look at Swimwear365. They have some gorgeous stuff.

WorkingItOutForMyself Wed 24-Jun-15 21:26:25

I am very tempted by this one...

www.figleaves.com/uk/product/SF-S10316/Seafolly-Goddess-boyleg-swimsuit/?size=&colour=Blues

But it's so expensive!

Good ideas so far!

Lagoonablue Wed 24-Jun-15 21:31:05

Very do a similar one which is cheaper. Will find a link. It is really flattering and makes you look nicely curvy even if you're not.

WorkingItOutForMyself Wed 24-Jun-15 21:32:14

Ooooh yes thats what I wan't. I am not in the least bit curvy!

Lagoonablue Wed 24-Jun-15 21:34:17

www.very.co.uk/resort-shapewear-underwired-playsuit/1458039248.prd

There are more on their site.

Lagoonablue Wed 24-Jun-15 21:38:22

www.very.co.uk/resort-halter-neck-playsuit/1458048803.prd

I have this one.

WorkingItOutForMyself Wed 24-Jun-15 21:53:36

Thanks Laoonablue!

I like that one but they don't have the black so I've gone for an aztec print style one. Decided to give it a go and see how the shape fits.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now