Health warning for skinny jeans.

(8 Posts)
Lovewearingjeans Tue 23-Jun-15 09:50:35

I don't know if anyone else has seen the news reports this morning about a woman in Australia losing feeling in her lower legs due to her crouching in skinny jeans? It took four days before she could walk again! Thinking about giving up my skinnies habit, as I have felt my knees going numb when wearing them.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Tue 23-Jun-15 09:52:46

She must've been crouching for a while and have ignored warning signs (pins and needles in her feet, initial numbness) to have cut the circulation off that significantly hmm

squizita Tue 23-Jun-15 09:54:13

One person suffered this in Australia... skinnies are worn by millions. My money is on underlying health issue or crouching way too long. grin

dexter73 Tue 23-Jun-15 11:41:41

BBC says she was crouching for hours. If your jeans are making your knees numb then I would get a bigger size!

IsadoraQuagmire Tue 23-Jun-15 12:30:30

Hahaha reminds me of that episode of Sonny With A Chance, where everyone got SPS (Skinny Pants Syndrome) and had to be rushed to hospital to get their jeans cut off.

Cheesymonster Tue 23-Jun-15 16:58:39

I heard this on the radio. She was helping a friend move house and was squatting a lot for long periods and ignored pins and needles.

poorbuthappy Tue 23-Jun-15 17:00:01

So glad someone remembered which programme this had been on,.
I've ben scratching my head all day!

RussellTheLoveMuscle Tue 23-Jun-15 18:22:31

www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/skinny-jeans-make-mum-feel-like-a-teenager-again-except-with-numb-legs-2015062399496

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now