Curly hair but not doing no poo/Curly Girl/low poo etc

(11 Posts)
Senada Mon 22-Jun-15 17:36:29

If your hair is curly but you're not doing the CG routine, what products do you use?
I'm looking for a gentle shampoo and some styling products to help with frizz. Frizz Ease doesn't seem to get on well with my hair.
Also, is there any styling product that helps to straighten curly hair? I'm just trying to spend less time blow drying and straightening.

JennyOnAPlate Mon 22-Jun-15 20:20:20

I use tresseme shampoo and conditioner and boots curl creme. My hair is very thick and very curly and I've never managed to straighten it!

ggirl Mon 22-Jun-15 20:30:47

I use same as JennyOnAPlate , tresemme do a range without sulphates which i use...not sure why I use that confused
Boots curl creme is the best , I've tried all sorts of more expensive stuff but this stops frizz the best.

I sometimes straighten mine with babyliss Big hair but usually leave most of it natural and only try to volume the top bits.

crispandfruity Mon 22-Jun-15 20:34:43

Does the babyliss big hair work on curly hair? I have thick curly hair and use whatever is on offer at the supermarket. I avoid frizz ease though, it makes my hair flat and sticky. I shampoo once a week and dampen/condition only the rest of the time.

ggirl Mon 22-Jun-15 20:36:56

It works well on mine ...but my hair is fine and curly .I have a huge amount of hair but it's fine in texture

hospitalworry Mon 22-Jun-15 20:49:22

Well
I couldn't find my shampoo/conditioner yesterday ( I hide it so the kids don't use and waste it and forgot where)(tresemme perfectly undone) Had to use a body shop shower gel to wash and dd had a loreal kids detangler I liberally used on wet hair (OMG)
It was so so good!
Such lovely soft hair now
I will look at normal shampoo /conditioner I use when I find it
Then that detangler is fab!

JaceLancs Mon 22-Jun-15 23:05:00

Body shop shampoo and conditioner
Samy curling creme is the only one that works for me - used to get at super drug but now have to buy on Amazon

Potterwolfie Tue 23-Jun-15 02:53:11

I have fine, curly hair, lots of it, but the hair itself is fine. Anything too heavy just weighs my hair down too much. I wash with a non sulphate shampoo, no particular brand, but I do find this helps reduce frizz.

I might condition the ends, but not the scalp. I then dry in an old tshirt and spray in some bog standard detangling spray, and some conditioner which I dilute with water in a spray bottle.

I let it mostly dry, then finish off with a diffuser, and if I have time, use a curling iron to define some curls.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Tue 23-Jun-15 10:17:40

My hair's like potterwolfie's - curly and plenty of it but fine and easily overloaded with products (I've noticed this much more since I moved somewhere with very hard water too)

I use Aussie Volume shampoo and conditioner.

To style it I mix it up a bit. I've got an all in one treatment thing (uniq one?) that my hairdresser gave me and that's great. Then I use either Frizz Ease Dream Curls spray or Sebastien Whipped Creme (bought ages ago when my old hairdresser conned me into trying it on promotion - have just returned to it) New hairdresser tried a salt spray on it last week, that was pretty good so I might get some.

I always wear it curly though. I look weird with straight hair and within a few hours the curls start creeping back (even if hairdresser has straightened it)

Senada Tue 23-Jun-15 12:16:35

Thanks everyone.
I've been wearing it curly for a few years now and am ready for a change back to straight. But of course that's a lot of time and effort with curly hair. I'm looking for an easy way to handle it, and there isn't one grin

On Babyliss Big Hair, I do have one and find it works well for me when I want a smoother look.

ShutTheFuckUpBarbara Tue 23-Jun-15 17:59:46

I used to use Frizz Ease but I have switched to Trevor Sorbie for shampoo, conditioner and mousse. use Moroccanoil on wet air then Aussie curl serum, then mousse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now