Socks that actually last

(14 Posts)
Nolim Mon 22-Jun-15 16:41:42

When i need new socks i just get a cheap pair at boots but not surprisingly they dont last much.
Please recomend good lasting socks!

Madbengalmum Mon 22-Jun-15 16:55:50

Tried alsorts of socks cheap ones, expensive ones and most are crap.
Try Accessorize, or tkmaxx pringle ones, they have been the longest lasting for me

jasmine1979 Mon 22-Jun-15 17:14:55

I so feel you on this one. I go through socks so quickly for some reason. I've tried everywhere. Cheap and expensive. Walking socks in winter time are often good, but otherwise I've taken to buying a bulk load in M&S or new look as they always have lots of offers on. 5 pairs for £8 etc. I just have to accept that they won't last forever and because they are reasonably cheap throw them away when start to get holes. I'd love to hear what ones truly last as well!

KatharineClifton Mon 22-Jun-15 17:18:00

I got my teens (adult sized feet) BHS ones, and they are lasting quite well.

The best I got were asda thermal ones which they no longer do - I'm wearing them now my DC have outgrown them smile

SwearyGodmother Mon 22-Jun-15 17:34:38

I do well with Pringle ones. They last for ages and also have flat seams so don't rub my little toe. You can buy them on Amazon for not much £.

iwantgin Mon 22-Jun-15 18:08:09

I swear by bamboo socks. They are quite thick, but not hot and sweaty. They don't smell either, so can wear them more than once grin

These socks but mine are in different colours.

HarryLimeFoxtrot Mon 22-Jun-15 18:11:25

My most recent set are from the boys section at H&M - they're doing well so far.

NerrSnerr Mon 22-Jun-15 18:12:32

Accessorize ones are my best socks. Have lasted ages.

I've just bought some bamboo socks and they are lovely and soft. Time will tell if they wash well or not!

I can vouch for the quality of Hobbs socks. They are expensive but can be bought for about £4.50 a pair in their sales, and appear to be virtually indestructible.

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 22-Jun-15 19:15:57

I bought teenage boy ones from m&s. I'm a size four.

Nolim Tue 23-Jun-15 12:09:39

Thank you all! Will try some of these.

SunnySomer Tue 23-Jun-15 16:03:39

If your feet are size 6 or bigger and you want winter socks, John Lewis men's wool socks are brilliant. The cashmere ones wear thin, but the lambswool ones are still as new after three years. Fairly basic colours (red, navy, black, grey) but worth it.

slug Tue 23-Jun-15 16:30:28

Tescos ladies socks. They last forever

Pantsalive Tue 23-Jun-15 16:40:48

I love bamboo socks. Try not to wear anything else these days.
I'm sure they're warmer too and I have rubbish circulation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now