black leggings: done to death <eye roll>

(29 Posts)
bonzo77 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:14:41

I know I know, but there are no recent threads, and the quality / range in each of the shops changes so often. Requirements:
Non see through.
Non bobbling
Full length (but I am short of leg)
Cotton / lycra : FGS NO Viscose!
Narrow elasticated waist band: not a massive thick one.
Happy to buy on line, but needs to be free delivery and returns.
Budget: upto £30 for the right ones.

The Boden ones got sent back due to transparency and bobbling after 2 washes. The waist band on the M&S and Topshop ones is too thick / stiff. Sweaty Betty had some that were lovely, but the waist was too high, though I might get them for after my CS (see below).

Currently 27weeks pregnant, but I do not want maternity ones: I've managed in my normal ones in my normal size in both my previous pregnancies. But will need low waisted ish ones rather than high rise so I can push them below the bump.

CordeliaFoxx Sun 21-Jun-15 22:23:29

I just buy asda ones!! Not had any problems, they don't go saggy or fade and don't dip down your bum when you sit down ( bought golddigga ones once, they were cheap, I now know why!! would like to add I am not a golddigga fan, just saw them on offer!!)

Pantsalive Sun 21-Jun-15 22:44:53

Sainsburys two pack. About £12.
They're nice and soft and thick. A bit long on me at 5'4" and they come up a bit big.

Pantsalive Sun 21-Jun-15 22:45:57

Ah, just spotted about the bump. They might come up a bit high but they're definetely worth trying.

TessTackle Sun 21-Jun-15 22:48:08

H&M are perfect for me.
I'm 5'2 with v short (and chunky thighed) legs.
The ones you want are the £7.99 NOT the £5.99 ones.

Completely opaque, almost sweatshirt material and they last ages.

southeastastra Sun 21-Jun-15 22:49:18

american apparel, but you have to pay for delivery..

CointreauVersial Sun 21-Jun-15 22:49:43

Next

Chchchchanging Sun 21-Jun-15 22:51:14

Next maternity are good for me 5'4 25 wks
I was fine last pg but this one is actually comfier with actual mat onesshock

SpaghettiMeatballs Sun 21-Jun-15 22:54:56

I managed fine with normal ones too until I discovered ASOS maternity leggings in my second pregnancy. So much more comfortable than normal ones.

MilliVanilliTinyWilly Sun 21-Jun-15 23:19:30

Mint velvet but thick waist band. love them.

GrinAndTonic Sun 21-Jun-15 23:26:48

Oh goody. I was hoping al legging thread would pop up.
I'm ordering from Next Australia so are the good ones:
The elastase/viscose ones?
The ponte ones?
The cotton lipsy ones?
Or a type I've missed completely?

LucyBabs Sun 21-Jun-15 23:31:31

Just bought a pair in River Island yesterday. So comfy, non see through and they look quite dressy. Going back to buy two pairs tomorrow smile
10 EUR so about 12 pounds in the UK?

squizita Mon 22-Jun-15 09:20:10

At the risk of mn cliché ... uniqlo!

RavioliOnToast Mon 22-Jun-15 09:25:12

I get the £5.99 h&m ones, find the £7.99 ones too thick, almost like painted on joggers

bonzo77 Mon 22-Jun-15 09:30:02

tess I tried those h&m ones. If it were not for the waist band (too thick / stiff) they would be perfect. I might get them for after my CS.

Will def check out the sainsburys and Next ones. The last River Island ones I had were a bit see through and the waist band whilst not stiff had a seam that made it not quite stretchy enough for my bump, but I'll take a look anyway, ditto uniqlo and American Apparell. Thank you!!

maybe not for pregnancy but primark control leggings are quite thick material and come up high, only ones I have that I am not forever hoiking up. cheap too!

magicgirl74 Mon 22-Jun-15 14:49:03

I know at about £34-£38 they are slightly over budget but the often have 15% off codes but enduro leggings by bam clothing are fantastic.Thick fabric,non see through and wash and keep their colour i won't buy any other leggings but if your short try the 3/4 length ones as the regular ones are quiet long on me and im 5ft 1 but i dont mind rolling them up a bit.

Twinklestein Mon 22-Jun-15 14:54:02

Black footless tights XL?

Twinklestein Mon 22-Jun-15 14:55:23

Checkout Asos and Asos Curve footless tights.

SoleSource Mon 22-Jun-15 16:26:18

If you're size 14 upwards Evans are real good.

houseHuntinginmanchester Mon 22-Jun-15 16:58:54

Lucybabs - could you link to the leggings you bought from river island please? Sound like something I would like smile

Don't sainsburys do the annoying thing of sizes 8-10 and 12-14, with no 10-12 though?

PetiteBateau Mon 22-Jun-15 17:24:22

I like h&m leggings. I has peacocks maternity leggings when I was pregnant & they were great

mistymeanour Mon 22-Jun-15 18:30:37

I agree with others H&M are fine

Gatekeeper Mon 22-Jun-15 18:36:10

I have the sainsbury's luxury ones- come in single sizes and different leg lengths. Fit and thickness excellent

houseHuntinginmanchester Mon 22-Jun-15 21:55:58

Ah gatekeeper thank you. Off to have a look at them online smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now