Jeans/jeggings after c section?

(12 Posts)
Couldashouldawoulda Sun 21-Jun-15 20:29:41

Please help, ladies! I'm completely stuck. I had a c section a few weeks ago and desperately need some high waisted, tummy-supportive, skinny jeans or jeggings to wear for a while whilst I'm getting back to normal. I want to avoid anything that will rub on my scar, but a bit of tummy support/compression would be wonderful too. I'd like a mid or dark blue jeans wash, as I don't wear much black. I can't go jeans shopping with a new baby and toddler in tow; it's just too awful! Recommendations, please! Thanks so much in advance.

burnishedsilver Sun 21-Jun-15 20:46:52

I wore high waisted control pants (in a size that wasn't too tight) under my clothes after my c section. It was great. Waistbands didn't rub and going over a speed bump in the car was less of a drama.

burnishedsilver Sun 21-Jun-15 20:54:29

This kind of thing.....
opens up a new range of possibilities jeans wise.

JustDrive Sun 21-Jun-15 20:59:45

Topshop Joni jeans are high waisted and offer support too.

lentilpot Sun 21-Jun-15 21:04:32

Maternity jeggings!

ShimmeringCobalt Sun 21-Jun-15 21:06:42

M&S Limited edition high waisted skinny

So soft and comfy and wore them just after my second c section.

Kittykatmacbill Sun 21-Jun-15 23:14:20

I found that after my second c section normal m&s Jeggings were really comfy, as long as I had granny pants covering my scar (beautiful image I know hmm)

MilliVanilliTinyWilly Sun 21-Jun-15 23:17:14

Mint velvet do proper leggings with a wide waist band and ruched bottom which are really flattering, non see through and 15 quid.

marriednotdead Mon 22-Jun-15 06:47:50

I have those Mint Velvet leggings and they are fab smile

Can also recommend Dorothy Perkins Eden high waist jeggings which hold brilliantly but are quite soft. There are assorted colours and 3 lengths. Being uber broke is the only thing stopping me owning many pairs.

WinterBabyof89 Mon 22-Jun-15 07:04:58

I had some lovely soft jeans from new look, which weren't specifically high waisted but came up to my belly button.. Wore them for months smile

m.newlook.com/shop/womens/jeans/dark-blue-supersoft-super-skinny-jeans-_328025640

superbfairywren Mon 22-Jun-15 07:20:52

I bought Sainsburys 12quid jeggings for the exact same purpose. I didn't want to spend much or shop really for something I would only wear for a while until I got back into my normal clothes. Unfortunately I'm still wearing them 6 months on! But they were the comfiest and easiest thing to pull on and made me feel so much more normal after my c section. They come up nice and high in the waist. The Sainsburys modal leggings and jersey tube skirts are a good idea too.

Couldashouldawoulda Mon 22-Jun-15 13:01:53

Thanks so much, everyone. I already have the Mint Velvet ones, which are great, but am looking for something more jeans-like. Picked up some of the £12 Sainsbos ones this morning, which are just the job, although I could do with the next size up and must go back. Really appreciate all the tips, I'll look into the others too - thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now