New job in Sept, help me smarten myself up!

(5 Posts)
Getdownfromtherethisinstant Sat 20-Jun-15 10:50:03

I'm starting a new job this September as an office manager. I need to be smart, and after two years as a stay at home mum this may be a tall order....! I'm not terribly fashionable, don't worry too much about hair/nails/make up but need a bit of an overhaul, so I need advice on the following:

Putting together a capsule wardrobe, on the cheap since I've not much to spend. Any ideas on where I could get some decent suit items and a selection of tops? I'm titchy - just under five foot and a size 12/14, hopefully slightly slimmer by Sept hmm so I need somewhere that does a decent petite range.

Nails - my news are pretty good naturally, strong and grow fast but I have a bad habit of biting the skin around them. Any ideas for treatments I could do at home to make them look better?

Good places to go and see what colours of make up suit me best? I wear pretty minimal make up anyway, but it would be nice to have a fresh start.

Hair - my hair is OK ish. I don't own any styling stuff, or even a hairdryer but I find my hair looks nice if I use a decent shampoo/conditioner. It needs some nourishment at the moment I think. Suggestions please for brands that work well on thick wavy hair that tends towards greasiness? And a good brush since I broke mine and have been borrowing four year old DD's.

Sorry for all the questions but it's all part of preparing for a return to work and thought some of you ladies (and gents) masy enjoy a project...grin

TIA

Getdownfromtherethisinstant Sat 20-Jun-15 10:53:43

Oh, and SHOES! Where can I find nice widefitting shoes?

Kennington Sat 20-Jun-15 10:55:00

Babyliss big hair dryer - 5 mins every morning for Mayfair Russian hair.
Uniqlo, cos and whistles and m and s. 7/8s trousers. Lots of navy looks smart without being funereal. V chic too.
Ankle boots from m and s for height without pain.
Clear nail polish for no hassle.
Illuminator make up for a healthy glow without much effort.
Congrats on the job!

Getdownfromtherethisinstant Sat 20-Jun-15 11:06:50

Thank you! The project begins...

Kennington Sat 20-Jun-15 11:16:03

Please feedback as I need a refresh too and would be interested to hear if these shops are still good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now