Haircut tonight - ideas of what to ask for, current style far too layered

(3 Posts)
Jemster Thu 18-Jun-15 16:41:36

I'm not keen on my hairstyle so am trying a different hairdresser tonight. The last one seemed to love layers & blow drying it with lots of bounce. I have thick slightly wavy hair so it's what it does best.
Not very current though & I think it looks dated & does me no favours.

What could I ask her to do to improve the style? If you have hair like this is it worth trying to get it to do anything else or will I have to accept I will always look like a seventies throwback?!
Going on hols soon too so want it to look nice. Length is all different, longest layers just above shoulder.

SwedishEdith Thu 18-Jun-15 17:51:29

Get it cut shorter? Not short but like this?

WhiteHairReally Thu 18-Jun-15 18:17:46

OP, I could have written your post. My suggesting that I looked like Rick Parfitt was lost on my hairdresser, being too young to get my 'please don't make me look like a 70s rocker'. However, he does seem to have listened and Has cut my hair in a similar way to the PPs suggestion. That's if I BBHair it. It can also look quite 'neat and sleek' with flippy ends, but can't tell you what I did to make it happen. Still have some layers though. Good luck with the haircut.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now