This isn't stylish or beautiful but is hopefully practical?

(11 Posts)
hairhelpplease Thu 18-Jun-15 15:53:01

I have a few things coming up, ie a couple of city breaks plus a trip to legoland. I have a bulky rucksack or a cross body bag. First it generally too big for purse, keys, tissues and a packed lunch but the second is too small.

Have found this

bum bag

hairhelpplease Thu 18-Jun-15 15:54:09

Oops sorry pressed too soon. Thoughts or can you think of anything else? Packed lunch is just a shop bought sandwich, fruit and water so this can collapse easily.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 18-Jun-15 19:15:08

I would use this. I'm not known for my style though smile

cuntyMcCunterson Thu 18-Jun-15 19:20:35

Maybe in a darker colour grin personally I wouldn't use it but I can see the benefits of something like this.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Thu 18-Jun-15 20:40:48

Sometimes 'practical' is the main thing.

Brookville Thu 18-Jun-15 20:47:11

What about a small rucksack like this?

Toffeelatteplease Thu 18-Jun-15 22:46:58

oh man that is properly hideous

if you are dead set on the collapsible back pack route get something like this
Before lunch put your crossbody bag in it, after lunch collapse it and put it into your crossbody bag

if the backpack is optional these envirosax are a much more beautiful option, they are gorgeous and mine is still going strong in my handbag after serveral years. Again you can pack it down (exceptionally small) into your crossbody bag after lunch

SirBobblysock Thu 18-Jun-15 22:52:13

I am probably the least stylish person in the world, and even I think it's grim. You'd need to wear those quick dry elasticated "walking trousers" with it, preferably in grey or beige.

hairhelpplease Fri 19-Jun-15 06:20:47

Thanks. I really do not like the enviro sacks but thanks for posting. I don't particularly like what I have found either but definitely want hands free. Will keep an eye out in the shops this weekend.

Blarblarblar Fri 19-Jun-15 06:33:31

How's about this
www.abandonshipapparel.com/product/herschel-supply-co-pop-quiz-kingston/
How do you do the nice neat links

antimatter Fri 19-Jun-15 06:42:31

I have this Kipling rucksack and is very practical, lightweight and the only complaint may be if you carry too much heavy stuff (several bottles of water) straps dig in a bit.
But since I mostly use it as my main bag now and I drive to work is really not an issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now