Philip Kingsley itchy flaky scalp shampoo...

(15 Posts)
Indecisivejo Wed 17-Jun-15 12:43:48

Worth the money??

Maverick66 Wed 17-Jun-15 12:49:46

Shampoo no. But tonic yes. Marks and spencer do a mini pack of all three for £15.the shampoo and conditioner are quite small but the tonic lasts forever and I find you don't need to use any styling product with it.

Indecisivejo Wed 17-Jun-15 12:54:08

I have just bought the shampoo confused please someone else say it's worth it lol!

Lovewearingjeans Wed 17-Jun-15 13:14:21

My husband uses it for his scalp and likes it, and he is completely low maintenance, and wouldn't normally even think about products!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 17-Jun-15 13:50:21

Try The Body Shop ginger shampoo or loreal anti dandruff for men ( black bottle orange lid)

Indecisivejo Wed 17-Jun-15 19:54:49

Glad someone likes it lol!
I have used ginger shamp I used that one for quite a while then it seemed to either stop working or started making scalp bad again.
Didn't like loreal one at all.

McNally Wed 17-Jun-15 22:36:41

I use the shampoo and have done for ages now. My scalp wasn't massively itchy before, but using this makes it feel clean and not itchy at all. Tried another brand when I'd just finished a bottle but really felt the difference and went straight back. Hope you like it too!

LilyBobtail Thu 18-Jun-15 00:36:47

Same as McNally - when I stop using it I get horribly itchy again. I buy it in litres to try and save a bit of money. I wish there was something cheaper to use but I haven't found anything. I do think it is great - it cured my allergic reaction to dye I had a few years back. Someone on here recommended really rubbing it in and leaving on for a few minutes too, which I think helps.

I don't think I have dandruff though as I don't have flakes, just itching.

Indecisivejo Thu 18-Jun-15 07:07:26

Oh phew I was starting to think I had made a mistake.
I have only used it once so far, will be washing hair again tomorrow. My scalp is still bad but wasn't expecting miracles after one go! It felt nice and hasn't made scalp sore like most others so fingers crossed! I paid £15 for 170mls!! Where can I get the best price on the litre bottle?

Indecisivejo Thu 18-Jun-15 07:13:53

Oh and what conditioner???

McNally Thu 18-Jun-15 07:54:23

I usually buy litre bottles from Look Fantastic where you can often get an extra 20% off. Definitely worth going big if you like it. Like that it comes with a pump <lazy>. I use an Aveda conditioner but haven't really got an itchy scalp (anymore) so not sure what I'd recommend for that.

deadwitchproject Thu 18-Jun-15 08:13:07

If you decide that you don't get on with it, a cheaper option is old fashioned Vosene (the original one). My sister says this is the only thing that has cleared her flaky scalp. She had thick layers of it but I imagine you will need to use a v good conditioner on the parts where its not flaky.

Indecisivejo Thu 18-Jun-15 08:39:02

Thank you.
Vosene is on my list of already tried lol, it made hair horrible and scalp still very itchy. sad

LilyBobtail Thu 18-Jun-15 22:19:13

I buy it from the Philip Kingsley website - a litre is £52 (!) which lasts me six months. You get rewards points and after two years I just got enough for a litre free.

I was using the PK silver conditioner too, to help my colour. It has lasted for ages and smells of lavender. I find the other PK conditioners too perfumey but like the no scent one.

I do use regular conditioner too - any sort. I only put it on the ends of my hair so doesn't seem to affect my scalp.

I am just waiting for someone to come on here and tell us about a PK dupe that is half the price! Anyone?!

FabulousFudge Thu 18-Jun-15 22:23:09

I don't rate the shampoo but the PK conditioner is amazing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now