Why shouldn't you tweaze your top lip?

(25 Posts)
lucysmam Sun 14-Jun-15 19:36:55

I don't plan to - am just curious why not smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Jun-15 19:43:56

Because I'd be there all day and night blush

I hotwaxed mine last week . I was 49 <<hoorah>> took a selfie photo on DD iPad and was shock . I was fresh out the shower with nothing on my skin.

Eyebrows were wayward and sparse
Hair going grey at roots (I dye it)
Neck lines
And The Top Lip.

It does leave a few tiny spots for a day and some people say it damages the skin. But I'm not going down the threading, Lumera or No-No route so, wax it is.

rachyconks Sun 14-Jun-15 19:44:06

My mum always told me it makes the hairs grow back thicker. Also hurts like a bitch.

WaftingWilberry Sun 14-Jun-15 19:44:38

Who says you shouldn't? I find it works better tweezing the darker hairs out and leaving the thinner lighter ones. Waxing seems a bit brutal. I guess it depends on your hairiness quotient though.

Georgethesecond Sun 14-Jun-15 19:45:23

I did last week, it gave me spots.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 14-Jun-15 19:46:41

I tweeze a chin hair and it does grow back sharp (and thick)

Waxing smarts a bit but it's quick. I don't need to do mine often (maybe six months or so)

LMGTFY Sun 14-Jun-15 19:47:02

I do, or I have a bit of a 'tache going on either side. Never a problem.

Tobiasfunke Sun 14-Jun-15 19:49:10

I do it all the time. No problems. Hair grows back less I find. It's no different than waxing- you're just yanking hair out at the root. Need a nice pair of tweezers.

burnishedsilver Sun 14-Jun-15 20:05:03

I do it too. No problems.

lucysmam Sun 14-Jun-15 20:13:47

Oh! I've been reading some threads on reddit - one said not to tweaze or epilate. Thought there might be a reason for it & MN usually knows everything grin

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sun 14-Jun-15 20:59:10

I tweeze as well. Only get the odd black hair and just yank it out. Had my top lip waxed once but it left it very shiny as no hair at all then and stood out more IMO.

ScarlettDarling Sun 14-Jun-15 22:17:02

What you need is an epistick-have a look on eBay, they're so cheap. It's a spring with two little handles which you twist around as you roll the spring over your tache. It whisks all the hairs out in seconds! It's great! Makes my eyes water like mad and gives me the sneezes though!

lucysmam Sun 14-Jun-15 22:18:06

I shall have a look, sounds like a torture device (sure the girls would pee themselves laughing at me using one if it gave me the sneezes grin )

Earthbound Sun 14-Jun-15 22:20:03

I get mine threaded. Same principle as waxing or tweezing surely? You're yanking it out by the root whichever method you opt for.

Momagain1 Sun 14-Jun-15 22:22:27

I do. And my chin. But the situation seems to be getting worse and worse with age. More and more, and it isnt regrowth, the area needing tweezing gets larger and larger.

Am currently researching laser hair removal. A friend currently under going it says it is fab.

southeastastra Sun 14-Jun-15 22:23:46

just shave it off but tweeze the thicker hairs. or grow them so you can be like a carp fish

Corygal Sun 14-Jun-15 22:24:29

Epilating and threading hurt me less, because they're much quicker. Still explode with cavity-clearing sneezes though.

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Sun 14-Jun-15 22:26:08

I tweeze mine and it's fine but my sister's grow back at right angles to her face and look dreadful. Maybe that's why.

PartyFops Sun 14-Jun-15 22:26:19

If you get a witch hazel stick it might stop you getting the spots, always works for me smilesmile

lucysmam Sun 14-Jun-15 22:34:28

grin south, I have a pleco with barbels (I think that's what they're called)...not much fancying the look to be honest!

tellmemore1982 Sun 14-Jun-15 22:47:00

Never heard of this. Mine are very find but can be dark so I use a hair removal cream

Blueberrymuffint0p Mon 15-Jun-15 07:13:44

I just shave mine. Tried every method out there-hate the re growth before waxing,the hassle of going to get it threaded and the pain of tweezing. I just run a razor over it every night when I'm washing my face-no tash,no stubble and it doesn't grow back any darker or thicker than before.

FenellaFellorick Mon 15-Jun-15 07:18:45

I tweeze mine.

If I didn't, I'd look like this.

catnipkitty Mon 15-Jun-15 07:19:14

I do for the occasional hair, a bit sore initially but settles down. I can't see how tweezing is different from waxing as both are pulling the hair from the follicle.

MrsNextDoor Mon 15-Jun-15 07:24:43

The skin there is more delicate....and sometimes tweezing makes the pores larger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now