Work overflow bags

(18 Posts)
FuckitFay Sun 14-Jun-15 10:09:01

I use a small over the shoulder bag for purse and phone etc, which I like as can then swap my work overflow bag with a bag with Crap for the Children in it depending on whether I'm off or at work that day.
But, my work overflow bag is hideous. I would like a unstructured bag shape, smart enough for work and big enough to chuck in a pair of heels to change into, a few work files and papers and my make up bag and maybe a change of top etc and some basic toiletries as I often have work events in the evening.
Budget £200 - help!

auntyentropy Sun 14-Jun-15 10:56:19

I like TKMAXX for bags - you have so much choice and you can try them all on to see if they're comfy and hang in the right place.

fredandme123 Sun 14-Jun-15 10:59:18

Russell and Bromley have a good one - not sure on price but comes in a variety of colours!

Thegentlemonkey Sun 14-Jun-15 10:59:43

Watching with interest - have exactly the same problem!

FuckitFay Sun 14-Jun-15 11:48:08

Hmm heading to a shopping centre with a tk maxx in now so shall have a look. I like the look of the longchamp extra large shoppers but I think for the amount of crap I will shove in it, I need a shoulder strap

FuckitFay Sun 14-Jun-15 11:53:25

Ooh this one is nice
www.russellandbromley.co.uk/totes/lancaster/invt/712837
But I would need to see it in person to decide if it would hold enough crap and the shoulder strap is a bit flimsy

5446 Sun 14-Jun-15 13:12:27

I have a Michael Kors tote in red for the exact same purpose and it is brilliant.

They have loads of different colours and they are often discounted on the outnet. House of Fraser also have some discounted at the moment.

niminypiminy Sun 14-Jun-15 13:25:56

I have this bag in silver from Hary Johnson Handmade. Lovely, capacious, simple, sturdy - and she will make in other colours than the ones listed if you ask her.

niminypiminy Sun 14-Jun-15 13:26:32

Hilary Johnson Handmade, I mean.

cressetmama Sun 14-Jun-15 15:03:06

I got a huge woven bag (a Spanish brand I'd never heard of, but think Bottega Veneta cabas style) from TKMaxx for £25. In the US, you'd have an LLBean boat tote.

herecomesthsun Sun 14-Jun-15 15:36:50

try Boden sale in a few weeks?

fredandme123 Sun 14-Jun-15 18:03:59

This is what I meant http://www.russellandbromley.co.uk/shoppers/katie/invt/712892
A friend has one - no zip tho but to me that just means I can pile more stuff in!

squizita Mon 15-Jun-15 12:11:08

Where are you? Bicester Village Coach outlet had loads like this last time I went.

WaxyBean Mon 15-Jun-15 12:36:34

I have a bright blue MK tote for this purpose. big enough for my laptop, some papers, make up, pencil case, bottle of water etc. I use a small cross body bag as my main bag for keys, phone, purse.

FuckitFay Tue 16-Jun-15 09:30:26

I love that Katie Russell and Bromley tote! I am not to be trusted with a visit to Bicester village..... Would also love a bright coloured bag but sadly as a boring lawyer I need muted colours to tote to court...

Anyway found a lovely suede tote in Tk Maxx although I have so rapidly cut off the label I can't recall what make it was! Not one I've heard of anyway.... Has an internal zip up
bit for make up and crap I don't want on show.... And it was only 45 quid so I felt justified in buying a load more Tk maxx tat smile

I really like that smile

yakari Tue 16-Jun-15 10:19:35

niminypiminy love that tote - is the leather very nice? Have you ever seen the "peat" colour? (sorry for the thread hijack!)

niminypiminy Tue 16-Jun-15 11:02:02

The leather's lovely yakari . I haven't seen the peat colour but if you contact her through the form on the web site she will send you samples. She sent some to me (and they're free). Also the lining is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now