I've just discovered MUA

(13 Posts)
AoifeBell Sat 13-Jun-15 10:32:18

I don't how it took me so long! Was out for lunch with a friend and admired her lipstick. I honestly thought it was from MAC it looked lovely. Then she said it cost £1! So I dragged her to Superdrug half not believing her but it's true. A whole section of make up from £1-£6.

I brought 3 lip liners, 2 lipsticks, 1 concealer and a bronzer. It came to £9. My usual bronzer is £9 alone

They have some great colours and the eye shadow palettes looked gorgeous I'll have to get some next time.

I used the bronzer and a lipstick yesterday. The bronzer gives a nice colour but not powdery and the lipstick is light and easy to apply.

Just thought I'd share this (probably already well known) little secret I discovered grin

Is there any other decent cheap make up brands I'm missing out on?

squizita Sat 13-Jun-15 10:40:11

Oh yes it's a great range.

If you can find it (it's stocked in beauty base in London and must be elsewhere) LA Colors is a similar revelation for nails! grin

And whispers Poundland own brand has had some bits reviewed very favourably. But I'm yet to try those!

AoifeBell Sat 13-Jun-15 10:46:05

Really? I never thought the poundland stuff was any good I'll have to give that a try.

I've got a beauty base near me actually so I'll check that out too

squizita Sat 13-Jun-15 10:49:09

This is the review smile www.buzzfeed.com/zingtsjeng/poundlands-1-makeup-range-11d4j#.elExONPmj
Also I sometimes find branded items in there (Maybelline, Rimmel etc) hanging in little plastic baggies in their bath and beauty aisle.

Letmegetanamechange Sat 13-Jun-15 10:49:24

I love the lipsticks, they're so long lasting!

I tried the powder and it accentuated every pore I had so that was a no, and the shimmery bronzer also looked awful on me.

There eyeshadow primer is good, and the eyeshadow palettes too. £4 for Urban Decay naked dupe palette!

I love a bargain grin

INeedSomeHelp Sat 13-Jun-15 10:49:58

I found a new (to me) brand in Superdrug this week called Make Up Revolution. Similar prices to MUA - I think the mascara I bought was £2. Great eyeshadow palettes that look very similar to the Naked ones for about £4.

squizita Sat 13-Jun-15 11:05:06

Currently love to browse this site ... only thing is to meet the minimum spend I'd have to go mad --which is all too easy for me-' www.beautycrowd.com/ I am intrigued by the Bell range.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 13-Jun-15 16:14:41

If you are near a Wilko their Essence range, in particular the lipsticks and nail varnishes are amazing.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 13-Jun-15 16:19:01

I bought a couple of lipsticks from Superdrugs last week (nice colours, soft, moisturising, but not long lasting) . Downside is the containers aren't that strong but I don't carry them round with me.

Sleek though (also available in Superdrugs) have really strong packaging (I need to use a small coin to prise it open) .

One Superdrug branch had Make Up Revolution but not MUA, I thought maybe they were stopping MUA?

PrincessShcherbatskaya Sat 13-Jun-15 21:02:23

MUA primer and concealer is the best. I have the multi colour palate, total bargain of brilliance for £4.

Cancookdontcook Sat 13-Jun-15 23:01:45

I have just discovered this range too. The £1 lipsticks are amazing.

Sansarya Sun 14-Jun-15 19:08:44

I've seen OPI in Poundland, along with Revlon, Rimmel and Sally Hansen. TK Maxx is good for posh makeup at bargain prices too.

AoifeBell Mon 15-Jun-15 14:49:13

My DD broke my phone I've just got it back! hmm

So many good recommendations. I didn't know Wilko did makeup?!

I've just used the MUA bright pink lipstick I look like a clown hoo will need to try a few different colours I think grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now