Can someone recommend a matt finish foundation?

(15 Posts)
Dancergirl Fri 12-Jun-15 23:28:22

I've been using bare minerals powder foundation but I've noticed it's slightly sparkly and gives a dewy look.

I'd like it more matt, so I suppose a liquid is better? My skin type is dry-ish. Thanks.

GreyTS Sat 13-Jun-15 00:02:53

Rather than a matte foundation would you consider a mattifying primer underneath your normal foundation - Benefit Porefessional and Rimmel stay matte both good. Matte foundation can be a bit chalky ime

greenbottleglass Sat 13-Jun-15 00:03:27

Estée Lauder double wear

GingerLDN Sat 13-Jun-15 00:17:05

Doublewear

xmaslisa Sat 13-Jun-15 00:50:11

Clarins everlastingsmile

Shop Sat 13-Jun-15 10:12:33

Bare minerals make a matte version but shades come up slightly darker so you may need to check.
I find their bb primer is great at mat tidying under the original foundation powder.

Dancergirl Sat 13-Jun-15 14:47:51

But even with primer it's not going to stop the slightly glittery effect?

What sort of coverage does the Estee Lauder one give?

AMcoffeeLover Sat 13-Jun-15 15:14:32

Double wear is fab

AMcoffeeLover Sat 13-Jun-15 15:20:24

Sorry just seen your question about estee Lauder. Its on my face now grin its matte but not flat, lasts all day (12-15hrs before I show any shine/fade) and doesn't cause spots on my sensitive skin. I wear the original one (med - full coverage) at work and light (sheer - med coverage) at the weekend. Invest in a good primer (I use no7 instant illusions) and make sure to get it all off in the evening to avoid causing blemishes. Moisturiser is the evening is key or it can dry your skin out.
Defiantly go to a counter and get matched for the colour, its the only way to get it right!

iamadaftcoo Sat 13-Jun-15 15:23:21

Revlon color stay for oily skin is bloody amazing, I reccommend it above any others I've tried. Been using it on my rosacea prone and oily skin for a good ten years now. It's fab.

Dancergirl Sat 13-Jun-15 15:58:51

Are any of the Boots No 7 ones good? I need it for tomorrow and not sure I can get to a big shop by then.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 13-Jun-15 16:12:37

Bare Minerals do a matte version if you get on with the original.

Dancergirl Sat 13-Jun-15 16:24:31

Hmm, I don't think I can get to a Bare Minerals/Clarins stockist today. It'll have to be Boots so No 7 or one of the cheaper brands....what are my best options?

Onedayinthesun Sat 13-Jun-15 21:46:34

Try Clarins extra firming foundation

iamadaftcoo Sun 14-Jun-15 17:22:50

Revlon color stay! You can buy it in boots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now