Boden Lille lace up points

(43 Posts)
Fabellini Fri 12-Jun-15 11:17:28

I know I'm very late to the party with these but they are on offer just now so I ordered the silver ones. They came today and they're lovely, but the left foot is pretty tight. Does anybody have a pair that they've worn for a little while? Do they stretch? They feel very soft as they are suede, so I'm guessing they would.

BritabroadinAsia Fri 12-Jun-15 14:26:34

I was nervous when I bought mine as some reviews suggested they were quite narrow, and I have quite wide feet....but they are lovely and comfortable (worn them a fair bit) so I would be optimistic that yours will stretch too.

Fabellini Fri 12-Jun-15 14:33:30

Thank you Britabroad I've just done the putting on a couple of pairs of socks then blasting them with hairdryer thing, and I think they feel better already - I know the next size up would be far too big, and I really like them, so I'm going to persist.
Which colour did you get?

BritabroadinAsia Sat 13-Jun-15 07:05:59

I have the navy ones, but thought the silver looked lovely - are you pleased with them?

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 10:50:30

I love them, they're so pretty! I dithered about the navy ones, I think they look gorgeous too, but then I thought I could wear the silver more - I always think of it as a kind of neutral because you can wear with any colour iykwim?
I've worn them in the house all afternoon yesterday, and I'm going out this evening (friends have bought a little pub, and tonight is their opening), and they'd be perfect with jeans and top I'm going to wear, but they're still slightly uncomfortable so I don't know whether to chance it!

TealFanClub Sat 13-Jun-15 11:58:01

i prefer the Next ones www.next.co.uk/g2d2090s4

the back of the Boden ones isnt so nice IMO

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sat 13-Jun-15 12:00:01

Ooh teal thanks for the link to the next ones. I returned my navy Biden ones as they were too high at theback and rubbed on my leg/ankle.
Those look fab. Except wish they did navy/metallic

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 12:16:24

I found the Next ones really, really uncomfy. I bought the New Look ones in black, but I've just been on the website to link to them and I can't find them at all, so I guess they're all sold out.
All the time I really wanted the Boden ones but couldn't justify the price, so happy when they took money off!

burnishedsilver Sat 13-Jun-15 12:19:33

Is there much toe cleavage with the boden shoes?

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 12:34:19

There is a bit, here are my feet. I do have very long toes though.....like Gollum according to ds2.

TealFanClub Sat 13-Jun-15 13:27:27

ysah those silver ones look Weird on imo

TealFanClub Sat 13-Jun-15 13:28:37

plus too much lacing.

Like the more subtle lacing at the side on the next ones
Shoes never fit me without rubbing but oddly they were fine , mate got them and said werent at all comfy - as you said, rubbed etc

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 14:50:15

Bit rude Teal !

SilverNightFairy Sat 13-Jun-15 14:56:31

Fabellini, I just wore mine to a wedding with a tulle skirt! Many compliments..love them!

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 15:28:48

Now I feel I need a tulle skirt!

TobikkoRoll Sat 13-Jun-15 15:32:34

Oh they look beautiful Fabellini. I got the black New Look ones too, they're nice, but I've also been hankering for the silver Boden ones, you say they're on offer...? wink Not sure I can justify it, but they do look lovely!!!!

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 15:37:01

Reduced to £62 - still a bit dearer than I'd normally pay for flatties, but I'd wanted them since I first saw them, and no other ones seemed just right!

SilverNightFairy Sat 13-Jun-15 15:41:54

Fabellini, I felt like I was floating last Saturday! I am wearing them tonight with black skinnies, little tank top, and a cropped jacket.

TobikkoRoll Sat 13-Jun-15 15:47:08

Oooh you temptress Fabellini! Does anyone please have a free delivery code, by any chance?

TobikkoRoll Sat 13-Jun-15 15:53:34

Oh dear. I cracked in under 20 mins... A pair of silver ones are wending their way to me now, yippee!

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 15:54:38

grin

Bunbaker Sat 13-Jun-15 16:01:06

That is why I can never buy footwear online. I have to try on so many pairs of shoes before I find any that are comfortable. To have to wear two pairs of socks and use a hairdryer means that the shoes aren't worth buying in the first place.

Why do people buy uncomfortable shoes?

noddyholder Sat 13-Jun-15 16:58:37

Pretty I have teh cheapos £9https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFB-0qaWYAAEQS0.jpg

Fabellini Sat 13-Jun-15 17:18:55

I don't buy uncomfortable shoes on purpose, and to be fair, the right one feels lovely. I guess my left foot is a little wider/bigger.
The socks and hair dryer thing just stretches the shoes out a little, it's not a major hassle...took two minutes. And to be honest, I'd rather do that than schlep round loads of shops looking for shoes that are just sold on their comfort factor. I want beauty on my feet godammit!

burnishedsilver Sat 13-Jun-15 17:20:14

They're gorgous fabelini. I love silver shoes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now