Glossy Box

(13 Posts)
MissesandMuddles Thu 11-Jun-15 14:28:35

Anyone a regular subscriber?

I've just received my first one and feeling a bit disappointed.

A couple of ok bits but the cheap nail polish ...and 'faux tattoos' to keep up with the A-listers?!

Was I just unlucky and picked a bad month to sign up?

9to5exams Thu 11-Jun-15 14:32:34

I used to be a subscriber but ended up with 5 blue nail varnishes last year! I cancelled after the last one arrived.

bigfatfeet Thu 11-Jun-15 15:51:24

They have good and bad months, so it's probably worth giving it another couple to see how it goes, but I cancelled and signed up for My Little Box instead, which is ace - you gon't get so many individual things but they're really nice quality and good sizes.

Goodbetterbest Thu 11-Jun-15 16:10:55

They are hit and miss. Do complain to them if you aren't happy, they may replace it.

slug Thu 11-Jun-15 16:43:15

I gave up when the box started to resemble the reject bin from Superdrug. The beauty bloggers get a completely different box from the ordinary subscribers.

squoosh Thu 11-Jun-15 16:45:56

Waste of money in my opinion. The best bit is opening the box, the contents are usually disappointing.

GatoradeMeBitch Thu 11-Jun-15 18:54:49

The first one was amazing - it had a fullsize NARS Albatross highlighter!

It's gone rapidly downhill since. And they keep using the same companies - Monu, Murad, etc. What I really hated was that every month they'd boast about their 'star' product, which would only be in some of the boxes. Everyone else would get the crappy box. I don't know if they still do that, I gave up on them last year once I felt I could open my own Monu franchise with all the products I'd been sent in those boxes!

hairhelpplease Thu 11-Jun-15 19:13:06

Lashes. It was all lashes when I subscribed.

Shonajay Thu 11-Jun-15 19:18:08

My dad gets these she's been away travelling and two are here I'm hoping there's maybe a subtle silver tattoo I can steal! She tends to be disappointed- last month it was shampoo and conditioner trial sizes for ageing hair!

fredabear Thu 11-Jun-15 19:18:51

I got lashes too and a disposable razor hmm some great stuff early on (2 yrs ago) but didn't renew my (gift) subscription

NomiMalone Thu 11-Jun-15 19:19:37

Glossybox is awful. I had 6 boxes from them, each worse than the next. The stuff they send is like the bargain bin in Wilkos.

Birchbox is much better. Particularly if you're into skincare. I've had lots of lovely products from them.

redroses86 Thu 11-Jun-15 20:07:14

I recently unsubscribed after over a year. I ended up with enough So Susan to sink a ship.
They were mostly filled with very cheap products, the occasional gem to keep me hooked (Claudine, Divine Oil, beautiful stuff).

VikingVolva Thu 11-Jun-15 20:08:37

I know this is infantile, but Glossybox sounds as if they should be selling high sheen conditioner for pubic hair.

(sorry for lowering tone)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now