Help, what to wear with harem pants??

(5 Posts)
Shakey1500 Wed 10-Jun-15 21:37:57

Hi. I'm going to a hippy themed wedding in Sept and, on a whim, I've bought some harem/ali baba pants similar to the one's in the link (only mine are a gorgeous pattern of dark blues, turquoise and purples. They're a tad big tbh but hey ho smile

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/151393565154?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108&ff19=0

Oh, that's a big link. Anyhow, what to wear on top?? Any ideas? I'm kind of thinking a plain white tee (then accessorise)? What do you think? I'm not a fan of low cut, really like slash neck. Half sleeve ish? Is there such a thing? Maybe fitted being as the bottom half of outfit will be baggy? Any other suggestions?

I get frustrated googling so I'll admit I'm being a bit lazy asking here (I never post here!) but thought someone in the know might go "tadah!"

TIA

carabos Wed 10-Jun-15 22:30:26

You need to balance the baggy bottoms with a close fitting top, vest or t shirt, plain contrasting colour, no more pattern.

mowglik Wed 10-Jun-15 23:36:20

Fitted cowl neck top in a single vibrant colour? Slightly more dressy than a t-shirt

I wear this one with hush harem pants and I like it! cowl neck

squizita Thu 11-Jun-15 09:27:25

Your instincts are the same as mine ... fitted plain top. Perhaps a statement necklace.

Shakey1500 Thu 11-Jun-15 10:05:55

Thanks all. Not too keen on the cowl neck I'm afraid mowglik sorry!

Years ago, I had a tshirt from Etam (takes me back!) which was a fabulous sturdy material and fitted like a dream. I wore it to death!

Anyone any suggestions of who does a decent tshirt that will fit like a dream?? I've a small gut the older I've got (I'm a 10/12)

Is it 100% cotton all the way or is there a more modern magic fabric mix I'm unaware of? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now