Please help me accessorise this dress for a wedding

(9 Posts)
ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 10-Jun-15 09:56:47

I know it is black but its one of these uber cool venues with exposed brick, vintage armchairs on the lawn, giant illuminated letters at the end of the aisle etx.

I need shoes bag and something for my hair. I also need a petticoat to make the dress flare as it does in the pic.

Im 5"2 and 30yo. I will have a 3yo and a 9mo with me so no skyscraper heels (but I will need a bit of a heel at least).

Ideally £100 max for accessories. I have no idea!

Thanks in advance!

PrimalLass Wed 10-Jun-15 10:06:37

What colours suit you?

Pantsalive Wed 10-Jun-15 10:43:04

If you've got a few weeks to wait, get a petticoat from eBay. I got a real bargain on one and it didn't take too long to arrive.

Alternatively, had a look on Amazon.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 10-Jun-15 11:32:06

I usually wear navy/purple/grey/bottle green. With the dress being so dark, and its an August wedding, my sister suggested a powder blue?

Thanks for the petticoat tip!

Twinklestein Wed 10-Jun-15 11:47:44

What happens if it's really sunny? Black will make you really hot.

ThinkIveBeenHacked Wed 10-Jun-15 11:54:01

Hmmm I hadnt really considered that. We are far north so its never usually hotter than about 20° and theres lots of shaded places in the grounds.

I suppose I assumed id be inside for most of it.

Twinklestein Wed 10-Jun-15 12:23:11

I think I'd wear it with pink slingbacks + bag to make it look summery.

I'm a bit over fascinators, so maybe a vintage diamante hair comb in keeping with 50s style dress.

Pantsalive Wed 10-Jun-15 14:38:45

I thought lime green and silver would liven things up a bit.
I agree about the fascinator. Hair clip or feather hair band - sticking with the 50s vibe?

slug Wed 10-Jun-15 15:05:49

Colour match the petticoat to your shoes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now