Just bought the Boden Maxi Skirt and need knickers suggestions please!

(13 Posts)
ChoclolateOrange Tue 09-Jun-15 12:12:37

It is a jersey fabric. I normally wear M and S No VPL High Legs under trousers but you can see them under the skirt even thought it isn't that clingy. I'm not a skirt wearer at all but just fancied one of these for hot days.

I'm not fat (but not thin either) and it is the waist rather than the leg that makes the knickers clearly visible. I hate thongs but dont think they would work anyway.

I wondered what others wear? Thanks.

Oly4 Tue 09-Jun-15 12:25:42

I was going to suggest M&S no VPL thongs.... Sorry!!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 09-Jun-15 12:26:59

No knickers?

Hoppinggreen Tue 09-Jun-15 12:27:45

How about shorts style ones?
Think they are called Brazillian or something

momtothree Tue 09-Jun-15 12:34:48

BHS has a great selection

TheFairyCaravan Tue 09-Jun-15 12:39:11

Is it becuase the skirt sits low on the waist?

Maybe try M&S no vpl low rise shorts.

ChoclolateOrange Tue 09-Jun-15 12:46:24

Hmm, Brazillian might work. The need to be really smooth across the back.

I would be tempted to go no knickers but I'm sure you would be able to tell and that would be worse than VPL and possibly not the the most comfortable on a hot day. blush

GobblersKnob Tue 09-Jun-15 13:29:56

Would hugely reccomend these they are really good for showing no lines as they fit under your arse cheek and come higher up than they look in the picture, they are stupidly comfortable.

They come up a tad big, but I still went with my usually plus one size that I alway do in pants for comfort, they fit fine and don't dig in anywhere.

I have bought 15 pairs in a mix of black and nude blush

Jen1610 Tue 09-Jun-15 13:33:39

I always wear like a nude hold in slip. All skirts seem to be somewhat see through these days.

This is one of the ones I have - m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/firm-control-body-solutions-padded-a-e-full-slip/p/p22232539

stripytees Tue 09-Jun-15 14:33:36

I have this skirt and don't have this issue. Are you sure it isn't too tight?

I mostly wear M&S no-vpl knickers too, different styles.

nannyplumislostinspace Tue 09-Jun-15 17:41:55

I've got this skirt and I just wear my massive M&S knickers that I wore after my c section! blush

ChoclolateOrange Wed 10-Jun-15 18:41:42

It's definitely not too tight, stripey, in fact I probably would've tried a smaller one if I had been in a shop but decided to keep it. It's hard to describe but its the back rather than the bum area that reveals my usual knickers.

I've just bought some Brazillian no vpl from M and S so will report back when have tried on! They are very nice knickers even if they dont work for the skirt.

I can see why you might go for the big pants nanny and also the slip idea. Thanks all.

Sammasati Wed 10-Jun-15 23:04:53

I like Sloggi (big pants), spanx and m&s no vpl ones as the waist is in tune with skirt waists iykwim. I find that under dresses they really are good at not showing a vpl. I do tend to wear quite 1950s style underwear that are up to date with modern materials combined with natural. I really do not like having any vpl or my garter belt 'showing' under my clothes so I also tend to wear a slip if a dress or skirt is body hugging such as my knitted wool or cotton dresses that are unlined.

When I was younger I was all wonder bra and thong/bikini brief girl but as I have got older I much prefer my underwear to not show, I think it looks more elegant to have a smooth outline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now