Best everyday non greasy suncream

(16 Posts)
solidarityplease Mon 08-Jun-15 19:19:48

I've recently developed vitiligo, I have patches on my chest, arms and hands.
I know need to start wearing sun screen on these exposed areas everyday, especially through the summer months.
Can anyone recommend a good, non greasy one that won't mark work clothes etc?

solidarityplease Mon 08-Jun-15 19:20:28

now need

HelenF350 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:28:45

I love calypso dry oil spray and it's only £3 from home bargains. Honestly hands down the best sunscreen I have ever used. It's the only one that I don't burn with and it goes on easily and isn't greasy at all.

solidarityplease Mon 08-Jun-15 20:16:33

The oil is really non greasy? I need one that completely sinks in, although you did say dry oil! smile

AMcoffeeLover Mon 08-Jun-15 20:46:36

I use UltraSun spf 30 or 50 (as I have polymorphic light eruption) both are good, 50 leaves a sight residue but 30 is amazing. Definitely recommend!

U2TheEdge Mon 08-Jun-15 21:05:30

Ultrasun.

I don't believe there is a better one out there.

solidarityplease Tue 09-Jun-15 12:40:27

Thank you for the recommendations grin

My doc actually recommended ultrasun himself, when I saw him this morning.
I'm going hunting for some later today. Amazon looks to be quite reasonable, or is there anywhere else that is any cheaper? I'm going to be using lots of it everyday!

HelenF350 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:47:43

It does sound silly that oil is dry but it's a spray and very very light. Absorbs straight away and doesn't feel greasy at all.

AMcoffeeLover Tue 09-Jun-15 17:07:46

QVC often have ultra sun

Chicinwellies Tue 09-Jun-15 17:30:07

Calypso is fab. Use it on the family too, theyve Never burnt with it and its not oily at all.

Orangedandelion Tue 09-Jun-15 23:49:00

It looks a bit similar to P20 which is also a type of oil that absorbs really well, although I'm not sure if it marks clothes or not. It didn't mark my clothes when I used it this weekend for the first time.

I gave it to my friend who has eczema to try out and she got on fine with it.

squizita Wed 10-Jun-15 08:34:38

Calypso dry oil is amazing! I would get stuff stick to every other suncream out there, irritating my skin.
Calypso. .. no burn, nothing stuck.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 10-Jun-15 08:51:13

Ultrasun - I use the Face 30 as my moisturiser in summer and we all use the big bottles (25 up to 50 depending on who it's on) for holidays.

Non sticky. Sinks in. Non chalky.

solidarityplease Wed 10-Jun-15 20:09:49

Oo fabulous, thank you all for your suggestions!

I tried a boots soltan one yesterday (saw it was on offer so nothing to lose) that claimed to be 'dry touch', but it still left that tacky feeling.

Will give calypso and ultrasun a whirl smile

Thanks again

calilark Wed 10-Jun-15 20:15:53

I have the banana boat kids powder-dri. brilliant.

Haggisfish Wed 10-Jun-15 20:24:25

P20 is great-non greasy and one application lasts all day. Waterproof too and you can get it in factor fifty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now