I've let myself go

(14 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 18:44:07

I am in shit state. I haven't even been for a run for 2 weeks and have been scoffing cheese and drinking white wine like a crazed woman.

Not sure why I thought I'd get away with it but I have a mega overhang going on - and I need to whop my arose into shape pronto.

Please give me boot camp style diet and exercise tips. I can take it.

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 08-Jun-15 19:10:21

I'm in the same position at the moment, haven't been running for a while as dh is home late and I can't be arsed then, and I don't have childcare for during the day. I'm meant to be low carbing but that's out of the window too at the moment.

My plan to get back on it is this - drinking lots of water, low carb eating, walking everywhere as much as I can and fitting in going for a run when time permits. If you're really determined I'd also suggest the 30 day shred, I can't say I do it as often as I should but it's good for a kick up the arse grin

Il start tomorrow if you will wink

MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 19:33:15

Guy can't start tomorrow as will be hungover and have half tub of choc brownies to finish. Weds, let's do Weds!

MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 19:34:58

I aldi need to just get out there and run, but hate 'jelly belly bouncing around' feeling when I haven't been for ages.

MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 19:35:25

*Aldi ? Also...

carrie74 Mon 08-Jun-15 19:58:22

I've really gone off running lately. I'm doing 30day shred (but I also see a PT weekly). I'm probably managing 4-5 times a week, but I can definitely SE improvement.

Lunges and squats (preferably with weights) will get your bum in shape.

MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 19:59:45

Is shred an exercise DVD? I tried an anthea turner one once.

GuyMartinsSideburns Mon 08-Jun-15 21:01:36

Ok weds is good for me! Yes it's an exercise dvd, takes 20 mins each day and there's 3 levels so you progress bit by bit. I haven't done it for ages but I feel better when I'm on a roll with it.

Gotta dash now, tt programme is on! See you weds wink

MrsCampbellBlack Mon 08-Jun-15 21:04:27

I swear I am not stalking you wink

I too have let myself go but it is our 10 year wedding anniversary this summer and I will be wedding weight by then. Told DH this earlier and he laughed and said in a patronising voice 'well it is good to have goals'. Harumph.

I am low carbing and then will think about exercise. Priority is to lose some weight though.

AmberNectarine Mon 08-Jun-15 21:29:15

I do this lady's workout plan, but instead of the long walks she advised I run because I am training for a half marathon. Also try and throw in a spin class on a Saturday morning.

After three months the difference is pretty impressive. I have lost about 10lbs but more importantly I have abs! Hard work but worth it.

MrsSeanBean Mon 08-Jun-15 21:57:51

Agree weight loss makes everything easier.

That programme looks fab, also shred DVD sounds good.

I do worry about 'programmes' though, the psychology sometimes mucks me up. If I get behind or don't do it for a bit, I think I've ruined it and just give up. With running, you can just run: mundane but you don't feel you're not progressing if you miss a day week - well unless you get so behind you realise it's been a fortnight. blush
Can't go more than a fortnight though or will be hell, so def need to get out by Weds.

Greengardenpixie Mon 08-Jun-15 22:42:38

I have also been eating like a crazed animal. Wtf is wrong with me. I go on holiday in about 3wks!!!!! Do i not care???
On a plus i am on track with my squat challenge but the eating is really not helping!!! I forgot my lunch today and i had to buy a wrap! It was loaded and then when i came home i was starving. I wont shame myself to say what i had just that it was ridiculous. I reckon im hormonal tbh but still....

Greengardenpixie Mon 08-Jun-15 22:43:18

Oh i hate all these blinking dvd's. I just get soooo bored with them!

GuyMartinsSideburns Tue 09-Jun-15 09:56:18

I'm the same with 'programmes', I've never completed the 30 days.... I agree with you about the running. You can fit it in wherever, and I like how I can 'switch off' whilst Im out. The problem is getting out the door grin

ds isn't well so is having a nap, the broken sleep is making me feel pretty crap. I'd like to go for a walk when he wakes up but I feel like I've got no energy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now