My beautiful boots have pretty much given up the ghost

(7 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 08-Jun-15 11:07:58

sad

The zip in the left one is in need of replacing, leather cracking on them both at the ankle (where the zip has broken), I've hand-stitched a small piece where the leather had come undone (just to last for the mo) and the sole is coming away from the right one <sob>.

I have worn them to death but don't think they will last me much longer unfortunately.

Where shall I look for comfy new ones? These were only £30 in the sale & I can't really spend much more than that at the mo.

HelenF350 Mon 08-Jun-15 11:22:23

It's so hard to find a decent, reasonably priced pair, especially real leather. I got my last pair of boots (unworn) on eBay for £38 inc p&p. Bargain as they were Nine West knee highs that retail for £160. grin

lucysmam Mon 08-Jun-15 12:03:16

I didn't think to try ebay. I'll have a mooch later on and see what I can find.

These were a real bargain, and have worn really well for the past 3 (maybe even four) years. But, they're not going to last another winter sad

I do have another pair but they're just cheapy ones from Primark & I don't love them like my leather ones iyswim.

prettywhiteguitar Mon 08-Jun-15 13:28:53

eBay ! I just bought a pair of leather h by Hudson for £36, hardly worn

PrincessShcherbatskaya Mon 08-Jun-15 13:51:38

Office have an eBay selling page - they sell of old stock and display stock very cheaply. Worth having a look.

BrittaTheNeedlesslyDefiant Mon 08-Jun-15 13:54:01

Ebay is great for this. £20-£50 for a decent pair of leather boots IME.

lucysmam Mon 08-Jun-15 13:58:41

Ebay it will be! Thank you all. I'll get to hunting tonight smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now