Which of these two bags should I get as a special thank you present for a friend?

(11 Posts)
celestialsquirrels Sun 07-Jun-15 12:46:44

http://www.prada.com/en/GB/e-store/woman/handbags/shoulder-bags/product/BR5124_2BBE_F0021.html

http://www.mulberry.com/shop/womens-bags/shoulder-bags/bayswater-sea-blue-small-classic-grain

She is english, lives in semi-country, doesn't work but used to be finance professional, three kids, dogs, dressed casually but appreciates nice things, doesn't spend money on herself but does on the house and kids.
I think the safe choice is the mulberry bag which I can see is a nice bag but I find a little bit dull. But I can see can fit in with a casual country life style. I'm sure she would be pleased with it. I wonder in the back of my head whether she already has a battered old brown one.

The prada I think is a bit edgier a bit more interesting, a funkier colour - I would be more pleased with it but then I dress up and go out to work so it might just fit with my lifestyle a bit better than hers. I feel that it is a bit more spoiling and I want to spoil her. But I'm worried she might think it is a bit flashy.

What do you think? Btw she loves blue - I'm happy with the colour choices. Would love to canvass votes just as to which I should get...
Thanks!

ELR Sun 07-Jun-15 12:50:36

Def the Prada one the mulberry is boring and would be perfect for someone in finance which she no longer is in! The Prada is lovely!

TheAssassinsGuild Sun 07-Jun-15 12:53:20

Prada.

You could post in Style and Beauty too.

celestialsquirrels Sun 07-Jun-15 12:54:22

I must say I like the prada better / I'm glad you do too! Anyone else?

OriginalHugsy Sun 07-Jun-15 12:57:53

Prada is the nicer one imo, seems more versatile and tis lovely

celestialsquirrels Sun 07-Jun-15 13:04:06

Ooh I forgot about style and beauty
Shall I move this there?

TheAssassinsGuild Sun 07-Jun-15 13:10:07

You can report your thread and ask MNHQ to move it, but it'd be wuicker to just re-post, TBH.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 07-Jun-15 13:16:04

Hi OP

Just going to move this over for you now.

Iloveonionchutney Sun 07-Jun-15 13:19:20

Prada definitely.

Agrestic Sun 07-Jun-15 13:24:52

Can I be your friend? grin

I'm voting prada.

celestialsquirrels Sun 07-Jun-15 13:43:55

Wow, unanimity! Amazing. Prada it is! Thanks so much everyone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now