If you have a small cross body bag, what do you have in it?

(35 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Jemster Sat 06-Jun-15 07:59:13

I want to treat myself to a new bag & have seen lots of people with smallish cross body bags which look nice. I currently have a bag that is far too big & it just gets filled with junk & becomes heavy to carry.

My purse is a fair size though so I'm not sure it would fit in those little cross body bags. Most mums I know also have large purses so I'm wondering how they fit them in these bags & that it surely wouldn't leave much room for anything else.

What sort of bag do you have for everyday use & if you have a small cross body bag what do you keep in it?

MuttonCadet Sat 06-Jun-15 08:00:06

Purse, phone. That's it really.

Jemster Sat 06-Jun-15 08:01:36

Sorry I meant to post this in style & beauty- does anyone know how I can move it?

Highlandbird Sat 06-Jun-15 08:04:56

Keys, purse, phone. Only use one when I don't have DC with me though as then I practically need to carry a holdall!!! wink

BiscuitsForBreakfast Sat 06-Jun-15 08:05:46

I have a small-ish cross body bag. I keep in it keys, phone, tissues, little hairbrush and some paracetamol.

BiscuitsForBreakfast Sat 06-Jun-15 08:06:26

oops, purse too

blibblibs Sat 06-Jun-15 08:08:27

keys, purse, phone, vasaline, plasters, mints and a small snack for the DC.

Allgunsblazing Sat 06-Jun-15 08:09:34

I use mine to go to fairs, walks in the city, shopping etc: ie when I need my hands free and the tremendous weight of my everyday handbag is too much.
I have the phone, a lipstick, glasses case and a small purse with only cash. This way I can firmly control any impulse spending. HTH

afreshstartplease Sat 06-Jun-15 08:11:14

Purse phone keys lip balm and if it's the only bag I take, a nappy and wipes

ErrolTheDragon Sat 06-Jun-15 08:32:52

I've been using a small cross-body bag for years after getting fed up with the increasing weight of normal size bags.

The smallest is keys, phone, credit card case, tissue, small change purse, tin of Vaseline paint the town red and a couple of dog bags. I've got a slightly larger one now which also accommodates a pair of reading glasses and can fit sunglasses at a pinch.

sideshowbob2 Sat 06-Jun-15 14:28:53

keys, purse, small compact umbrella, small wet ones, spare undies, pads, Vaseline, tissues, pen, paper, paracetamol, spare medication, eczema cream, ipod and mobile phone

mrstweefromtweesville Sat 06-Jun-15 14:31:12

Purse, keys, sanitary and other personal items, possibly driving licence and if I needed it, passport.

Waswondering Sat 06-Jun-15 14:33:24

I have a smallish one which contains those items above plus my mini iPad.

Meepandyoup Sat 06-Jun-15 15:40:16

Kindle, keys, credit card, phone, steroid cream, Neutrogena handcream, finger plasters, pads, paracetamol, nurofen.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 06-Jun-15 15:45:58

Afternoon, all. We're going to move this over to Style and Beauty in a moment at the OP's request.

I have a small, not cross body, bag this one and can fit:
purse
phone
keys
sunglasses
tiny handcream
mirror
lipstick
lipbalm
packet of Polos
sanitary towels
tissues
headache tablets
pen
tiny notebook
in it. I can't fit my Kindle or a brolly though, so on days when I want those, I take a different bag!

FrugalFashionista Sat 06-Jun-15 15:54:36

In my Mini Marcie: a credit card size wallet, a coin puse, my iPhone (there is a Kindle app on it!), keys, mirror, a businesscard holder, lipstick, a packet of gum and handkerchiefs. Still some space left.

I very rarely need a bigger bag but if I do, I can pop this inside.

Eustace Sat 06-Jun-15 16:33:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pussinboots61 Sat 06-Jun-15 16:40:26

Sorry to hijack but just curious. If you carry a small bag all the time where do you put other stuff you need like lunch for work, a notebook or anything else you might need.

I used to carry a really tiny bag with the essentials in but also a tote bag for other things.

CocktailQueen Sat 06-Jun-15 16:41:57

Purse, phone, lippie, mirror. Kindle, tissues. But thee aren't many days I can get away wi such a small bag!

Puss - I have a tote for work. The little bag is for casual.

Wishful80smontage Sat 06-Jun-15 16:47:56

Purse
Phone
A nappy
Half full pack wipes
Snack bar for dd
Keys

WaxyBean Sat 06-Jun-15 17:51:43

Very small bag so card holder, keys, Oyster card, phone and lippie only. Sometimes I squash a tampon or a handful of tissues in too.

WaxyBean Sat 06-Jun-15 17:53:12

And another who has an additional tote for work with all the other crap (papers, laptop, pencil case, make up, water, lunch etc).

Children are now 3 and 5 and if I'm out with them I'll pack their back packs for them to carry!

tassisssss Sun 07-Jun-15 17:25:56

purse, keys, phone, diary, tissues, pen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now