Hair Dye problem

(9 Posts)
DidYouKnow Fri 05-Jun-15 19:05:47

I normally have an all over colour at the hairdressers and on my last visit (a week ago) I went a shade lighter. We did this as I was concerned about the grey re-growth being so obvious against the mid-brown colour I usually have.

The problem is that the new lighter colour hasn't really covered the grey and I'm concerned what it will be like after a couple of weeks.

My question is, would you go back to the salon and if so, would you expect them to re-dye for free?

sisterofmercy Fri 05-Jun-15 19:58:45

If it hasn't covered the grey and you had asked them to do that then yes I would consider going back.

butterfly133 Fri 05-Jun-15 20:00:01

I would go back. Regardless of colour choice, your hair has been dyed in such a way that the grey isn't covered properly - have I got that right?

I had a thread here asking about semis to do at home and the final advice there was to go lighter. If it hasn't covered grey then it sounds like it's gone wrong - did they miss a few do you think?

DidYouKnow Fri 05-Jun-15 20:08:58

Thank you. Yes, I can see patches of grey (re-growth) that haven't been covered by the dye last week.

I'll give them a call tomorrow, just hate having to complain but can't spend £80 on a cut and colour and then be considering dying it myself at home.

Are there any hairdressers on here? How would you react if someone came back about dye not covering the grey?

butterfly133 Fri 05-Jun-15 22:29:22

Sorry, when you say regrowth, what do you mean? I interpreted your first post as being that the dye hadn't covered existing grey properly?

DidYouKnow Sat 06-Jun-15 00:19:58

Sorry yes, you were right the first time. Probably didn't explain myself very well, when I say re-growth I mean from the last time my hair was dyed. So the grey I wild expect to be covered is still showing.

DidYouKnow Sat 06-Jun-15 00:20:14

*would

butterfly133 Sat 06-Jun-15 11:01:35

did they apply a permanent dye to your hair by the way? Regardless, I would go back and I think if they have botched it, it's fair to ask them to do it again for free.

DidYouKnow Sat 06-Jun-15 11:27:05

Thanks. Yes, as far as I know it would have been the same type of dye normally used on my hair but just a shade lighter. I'll give them a call to discuss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now