Help a novice - bra size revelation

(5 Posts)
Treeskater Thu 04-Jun-15 22:31:30

Have recently been measured (and now comfortably wearing) a 30G as opposed to the m&s measurement of 36DD (I know, I know!) that I've been wearing for years. It's made a real difference to my shape and I've gone from someone who has hidden beneath size 16 baggy t shirts and tops to someone who's realised that there might be a size 14 (or perhaps less) lurking underneath. Where do I go to find something that might suit/fit me now? I'm going to give Pepperberry a go but they're quite pricey. Essentially what shape clothing might suit my shape and where can I go to find it on a reasonable budget. I'm not someone who has ever really been confident with my shape and as a consequence I've paid less attention to my clothes than perhaps I should. My new bras have given me a new confidence and I'd like to maximise it whilst it lasts! I'm 5' 5 and an hourglass....

goodasitgets Fri 05-Jun-15 07:42:39

I really like Biu Biu clothing. Polish but fast and easy shipping, similar size idea to pepperberry with dress/boob size
I also wear a lot of dorothy Perkins, lady v london, Collectif, and Urkye (polish again)

goodasitgets Fri 05-Jun-15 07:45:25

Oops forgot to say just click the flag on the websites to turn it to english!
Might be worth looking at fuller figure fuller bust and curvywordy blogs. They both have FB and Instagram pages too

HazleNutt Fri 05-Jun-15 10:20:04

Generally you want to avoid anything boxy and baggy, as this would hide your waist and make you look larger. High neck lines are not your friend.

I wear a lot of Phase Eight (ruched jersey dresses and cowl-neck tops are my favourites) and S.Oliver - the latter does certain buttoned shirts that actually fit over my G-cups without gaping, this cut: www.amazon.co.uk/SIR-Oliver-Womens-sleeve-Blouse/dp/B00HD4XF7G/ref=sr_1_60?s=clothing&ie=UTF8&qid=1433495559&sr=1-60&keywords=s.oliver+shirt

Treeskater Fri 05-Jun-15 19:14:55

Thank you both, some good websites and lovely ideas. Thank you for your time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now