Sulky about hairdresser consultation- talk me round

(4 Posts)
Waywarddaughter Thu 04-Jun-15 19:20:52

I've had a couple of consultations with a lovely hairdresser about sorting out my colour- brassy gingery chin length ends, dark roots with a lot of grey. She's recommended that I take it a shade darker towards my natural colour and then add blonde sections underneath/few highlights to start to break things up as I've expressed an interest in going lighter generally in the future as the grey isn't going to get any better. I've booked in and braved myself for the £100 bill. However part of me just wants to lop it all off and do something drastic.... This however is always my hair thought and I do tend to opt for unflattering/unnatural which I've neither the face nor figure for..... Do I take her advice or do I think I know best and do something completely different.... For context I'm emerging from the dark days of having tiny babies, generally trying to find my style, lose weight etc.....counsel me!

prepperpig Thu 04-Jun-15 19:23:27

I would go with her recommendation. It sounds as though she has a plan and has thought about what will suit you.

If you're feeling a bit crap about yourself in general then longer hair is generally softer and more flattering than a very short haircut IMO

Waywarddaughter Thu 04-Jun-15 19:35:05

You are right prepperpig, she does know her stuff, I think I'm just after that instant 'hit' but I'm self aware enough to know that I can't take feeling any less attractive if I get all 'directional'..... I've done that before but that was the other side of 30!

AkkerDemik Thu 04-Jun-15 23:18:30

You can go with her suggestion and then if you're still in the mood, cut it all off later.
If you do something drastic right this minute and change your mind, it'll take a long time to grow out!
Take your time....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now