Outfit to watch cricket on Sat

(16 Posts)
pictongirl12 Thu 04-Jun-15 10:16:46

Going to watch new B/f play cricket on Sat with a bbq afterwards.

It's a local team playing in the grounds of a lovely country house.

Is a navy and white summer dress which comes just above the knee ok.

Planning on bare legs, but not sure about shoes.

Are heels ok (and if a prob in the grass just take them off)?

PattiODoors Thu 04-Jun-15 10:22:50

Wedges better than heels

Dress sounds perfect

Do take a hat and make sure you apply suncream

pictongirl12 Thu 04-Jun-15 10:29:15

Thanks.

Have'nt got wedges - would flat sandals be better or barefeet.

PattiODoors Thu 04-Jun-15 10:36:53

Flat as long as not minging/scruffy will be fine. Barefoot always makes me wary in case of treading on a bee!

pictongirl12 Thu 04-Jun-15 10:39:19

Thanks had'nt thought of that.

Only mentioned it because one of the other girls is going barefoot with a long summery dress.

stumblingalong Thu 04-Jun-15 11:41:59

I readthepaper watch DH play in all sorts of cricket matches . Mostly people seem to dress down but on a hot day with a party afterwards you stripy dress sounds perfect with casual sandals though.

crappyday Thu 04-Jun-15 18:20:11

Take a cardi. Cricket God on a long time and when it gets later in evening or if wind blows it can be freezing!

ChippyMinton Thu 04-Jun-15 18:24:09

Take a camping chair, a fleece blanket and warm layers just in case. Cricket goes on for hours!

PotteryLottery Thu 04-Jun-15 22:15:41

Reader, I married my cricket date smile

pictongirl12 Sat 06-Jun-15 12:27:00

Thanks for all the help.

It's a lovely day here so am wearing the dress as mentioned with heels - hopefully the grass won't be a prob.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Sat 06-Jun-15 12:33:09

The grass will be a problem! We olden cricket wives can spot a new g/f a mile off: heels; no coat / cardigan / pashmina (lots of grounds have a chilly wind whipping through, and it will get cold later on anyway); expensive bag (you want something you can put on the ground without worrying about it). smile

controlaltdlete Sat 06-Jun-15 12:36:06

grin Closer, today I will we wearing jeans, loafers & a warm jacket and sitting comfortably in the clubhouse when it gets chilly

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Sat 06-Jun-15 12:41:12

Exactly, control

OP - the girl going barefoot is bonkers, BTW. Apart from the nasties in the grass, I've yet to find a club house that I would walk in barefoot - and you will still need to go to the loo and walk on a couple of bits of road won't you?

Other tip is to find out what happens at tea time - is it just players? Can partners partake?At the same time, or afterward?

You can go for a walk around the perimeter rope to stretch your legs, but never walk behind the sight screen when game is in play

Clap when other people clap. Ignore tantrums

Don't ask "are we winning" or "when do you think it will be over "

Have fun!

controlaltdlete Sat 06-Jun-15 13:19:07

And if he's out for a duck and walks off with his head down don't rush over and say "well I thought you were wonderful darling". wink

pictongirl12 Sat 06-Jun-15 15:21:58

Yes grass is a prob - having a good time though.

CloserToFiftyThanTwenty Sat 06-Jun-15 18:00:49

Glad to hear it picton

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now