Shoes and other accessories suggestions for this dress please.

(11 Posts)
BarbieBrightSide Wed 03-Jun-15 20:47:19

I'm going to a fairly fancy wedding this summer and have bought This Dress

I am mid forties, short and a size 12. Long, dark blonde hair.

I haven't a clue what else to put with this dress and would probably aim for either nude / beige or possibly pale blue heeled shoes (ugly feet, bunions - sandals usually get taken off if they've got heels, but I could suffer and take my folding redfoots for later!). And what should I get for covering my shoulders in church? (I am useless with wraps)

Not sure whether to wear a hat or not and would prefer to not spend more than £100 for bag and other bits, given that we rarely go out anywhere, let alone anywhere fancy!

I'm away from the thread for a while getting kids to bed but will check back later.

Thanks in advance

5madthings Wed 03-Jun-15 20:49:34

Have a look at rubyshoo shoes, they are fab, good prices abd comfy. They do matching bags as well.

5madthings Wed 03-Jun-15 20:50:46

Monsoon have some nice shrugs at moment, I got one for my own wedding recently.

BarbieBrightSide Wed 03-Jun-15 22:03:46

Thanks,

I'll have a look at Monsoon. And a local shoe shop stocks Rubyshoos, so I can take my dress and try and get something which goes.

BarbieBrightSide Fri 05-Jun-15 09:09:02

Bumping for the daytime style consultants as I haven't done anything yet.

BarbieBrightSide Fri 05-Jun-15 13:50:21

One last try.

Pretty dress. I wouldn't bother with a hat.

Pink Would need to compare the colours. It comes in white, too.

Ballerina-esque

V plain white

Crazy And expensive!

Cardigan

BarbieBrightSide Sat 06-Jun-15 08:12:06

Thanks Remus, I've just ordered the second one.

(I wish I was brave enough to do hot pink, but I prefer to blend in rather than stand out!)

Katetonner Sat 06-Jun-15 08:29:34

I'd go navy shoes and bag if your not very daring, maybe plain courts if your it great in heals, m&s or next do a moderate heal. Maybe just a small fascinator if your thinking hat, the only problem with a hat is it ruins your hair!!

BikeRunSki Sat 06-Jun-15 08:34:14

I'd wear silver shoes with that.

I'm a bit in love with that hot pink one. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now