Clarifying shampoo?

(12 Posts)
Paddingtonthebear Wed 03-Jun-15 07:39:34

Happy with my regular shampoo/conditioner but think I need to use something once a week to get rid of the build up. Is that a clarifying shampoo? If so, any recommendations? smile

cuntyMcCunterson Wed 03-Jun-15 07:48:14

I used to use Pantene clarify shampoo for this but it became difficult to get hold of. I quite like the herbal essence one, if my hair is particularly manky (always tied up for work and hair spray to keep it neat) I have been known to mix fairy liquid with my shampoo to get my hair squeaky clean blush

WhatsGoingOnEh Wed 03-Jun-15 07:54:32

If you Google it, Waitrose fo one, or you can buy the Pantene Clarifying shampoo (which I've used, it wasn't bad!) from Boots online.

Neutrogena used to do an AMAZING one but they stopped, years ago. Why?!

Sometimes, just using a different shampoo works well. Look for shampoos that don't contain silicone. (Any chemical that ends in "cone" is a silicone.) Herbal Essences do a good 0% shampoo that's free from silicones and other bad stuff like parabens.

Naicecuppatea Wed 03-Jun-15 12:46:44

Redken cleansing cream is ace.

jasmine1979 Wed 03-Jun-15 13:12:33

I second Redken Cleansing cream. Although it seems more expensive than others at first, it is very concentrated so you only need a tiny amount. It also works like no other clarifying shampoo I've ever tried. It's also a good idea to use it before any kind of hair treatment like a mask etc, as the product is able to have more of an effect on the hair. smile

ohmymimi Wed 03-Jun-15 13:17:11

I use Timotei 0% and find it works really well. It leaves my hair in lovely condition. It's cheap, too - I usually get it in Savers or Home Bargains.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 03-Jun-15 13:19:31

I like the Boots own brand one in the 'Expert' range. Really basic packaging, only costs a couple of pounds but does the job without drying my hair out or giving me a lumpy scalp. I think it's called 'build up removal shampoo' ?

thoughtsbecomethings Wed 03-Jun-15 13:57:03

Bumble and bumble Sunday shampoo is great but priceygrin

Lynne2015 Wed 03-Jun-15 14:07:31

I use Osmo Effects Detoxify Shampoo its amazing

MsBojangles Wed 03-Jun-15 14:43:56

This Neutrogena one works well enough:

www.amazon.co.uk/Neutrogena-Shampoo-Anti--Residue-175/dp/B00099E8ZA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433338985&sr=8-1&keywords=neutrogena+clarifying+shampoo

Tweezertastic Wed 03-Jun-15 18:59:04

What about using a silicone and sls free shampoo?

Jaeme Wed 03-Jun-15 23:08:19

Bumble & bumble Sunday shampoo, it's a bit pricey but it lasts ages if you're only using it once or twice a week to get rid of gunk.

I use it after I've had coconut oil on my hair and it gets it really clean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now