Can someone who knows about trainers please help me...

(19 Posts)
Karbea Tue 02-Jun-15 18:38:57

I'm starting a new job on Monday where a part of the uniform I will wear trainers. It's quite a trendy place but very relaxed. I don't need them for running or any kind of exercise, just a fashion shoe to wear.

I had my HoColours done earlier in the year, and I'm an autumn so looking for something that'll fit in with that.

I have no idea where trainers are concerned and don't want to be the laughed at new kid grin

Thank you!

Plenty of colours to chose from here: www.superga.co.uk/browse/Classic2750_360_0_0_na_womens_12.html

Cocolepew Tue 02-Jun-15 18:53:46

Nike Roshe seem to be the thing at the moment. Lots of women wearing the New Balance ones but they are all in the sale now so must be out if fashion grin

To be honest I would just buy what you like and that are comfy . There are new trainers, seemingly, coming out every two minutes .

Wotsitsareafterme Tue 02-Jun-15 19:28:14

What about converse? A million colours and prints. Toms shoes are the same.

Nevercan Tue 02-Jun-15 19:59:45

I just bought a black pair of sketchers memory foam trainer with a splash of colour on the laces which are mega comfy

Karbea Tue 02-Jun-15 20:16:21

I don't think converse/toms will do as I need to wear sports leggings/tights too. So proper trainers would look better I reckon. I can't see any Nike Roshe in autumn colours sad

nancy75 Tue 02-Jun-15 20:18:09

Pharell addidas superstars

wearejustlikeKevinBacon Tue 02-Jun-15 21:08:29

Asics come in just about every colour and are ridiculously comfortable.

yazzy85 Tue 02-Jun-15 23:31:29

Nike Pegasus 83, retro style trainers are still quite in at the moment.

www.schuh.co.uk/womens/nike-pegasus-83-burgundy-trainers/1959053250/

Holdonforonemoreday Tue 02-Jun-15 23:38:55

Can you not pop into the place you are meant to be working on Monday to see what kind of trainers are being worn by other members of staff

Holdonforonemoreday Tue 02-Jun-15 23:39:31

I mean pop in before you start on Monday

Valsoldknickers Tue 02-Jun-15 23:39:57

New Balance? Lots of lovely colours and very comfortable.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Wed 03-Jun-15 08:01:02

Surely you don't have to worry about your trainers going with your hair and skin colour, I have never looked at anyone and thought to myself "they shouldn't wear those trainers with their hair colour"!

gladyoucame Wed 03-Jun-15 11:23:22

I've just had a look at the trainers/sneakers section within the brands on Next website. Can't see any Nike Roshe in autumn colours but there are some khaki/teal/grey with orange flashes on them. May not be completely autumn as I'm a Spring but maybe something suitable.

Karbea Wed 03-Jun-15 14:57:14

all you are right but my legs will be autumn colours to the trainers need to go with them.
holdon I could but I'm not sure I'd be able to remember what was what.

BangingTheDrums Wed 03-Jun-15 15:01:33

Nike Internationalist are my faves. Here they are in autumn colours

CheersMedea Wed 03-Jun-15 15:18:39

Other suggestions on a thread where I asked a similar question:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/2343988-Trainers-Sneakers

RusholmeRuffian Wed 03-Jun-15 20:13:36

New Balance or Adidas would be my recommendation. Check out Hanon, Sneakers n Stuff and obviously the Adidas website.

Ktay Wed 03-Jun-15 20:39:41

I just came on to recommend the same pair as BangTheDrums. They are out of stock most places but zalando have them left in smaller sizes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now