I am waging a one-woman war on my corned beef legs

(17 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Tue 02-Jun-15 12:54:20

They are dry, pale and dotty.

So I am going to commit to Daily Body Brushing, followed by Homemade Coconut Oil and Brown Sugar Scrub then Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Moisturiser.

Is this going to help? I have three weeks til I have to bare them. Does anyone else have any tips?

smoothieooo Tue 02-Jun-15 12:58:58

Mine are also dry, pale and dotty. I've just started my exfoliation / moisturising regime to try and get them ready to bare and one thing that makes a real difference to their appearance is This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle (if it's not called exactly that, it's close!)

It's a tinted moisturising lotion with skin-enhancing properties and it really makes a difference and smells gorgeous too. Downside is it's bloody pricey at between 30 and 40 quid a bottle (I only buy when I see it's on offer).

TobleroneBoo Tue 02-Jun-15 13:23:35

Welcome to the war!

When you say dotty, what do you mean? Mine are like, enlarged purple pores. When I try to google it I always get Keratosis Piliaris, which I dont think it is as they aren't raised.

Had a quick Google and you were bang on with the name! I will keep an eye out for it, thank you!

smoothieooo Wed 03-Jun-15 15:09:56

I mean kind of like plucked chicken legs (my 'dots' also aren't raised) and a moisturiser with a bit of colour does wonders for disguising them.

The body brushing/exfoliation definitely helps too.

Lets hope we have pins worthy of exposing when the sun finally makes an appearance!

ApologiseForAnotherDay Wed 03-Jun-15 21:12:24

Mine are like yours smoothie so in going to try the exfoliating too. I moisturise them when I can be arsed, but maybe that's what I'm missing!

Roseybee10 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:04:12

I really need to start this!! Also need to start using my laser hair remover again now I'm not pregnant. I swore I'd start in March to have hair free legs by summer and it's now June argh. Not that summer appears to be coming any time soon!!

I really need to try and exfoliate more although I've been better at moisturising more often and it definitely makes a difference.

TobleroneBoo Wed 03-Jun-15 22:06:24

Hmm mine aren't showing any improvements yet hmmhmm

Rosey is that a home laser? I've been thinking about getting this done

Roseybee10 Wed 03-Jun-15 22:41:30

Yeh I bought one a year past in March then fell pregnant in May lol. I was starting to see an improvement though.

auldspinster Thu 04-Jun-15 00:45:11

Eucerin 10% urea lotion will help with KP, it's not always bumpy.

jujujbel Thu 04-Jun-15 09:54:56

I've been dry body brushing followed by alternate days of Nivea Soft and Garnier Body glow stuff - it has made a huge difference to my legs in less than 2 weeks.

macnab Thu 04-Jun-15 10:26:18

I have been body brushing every morning before showering (and applying body lotion afterwards) religiously for the last 2 weeks. I've seen a huge improvement in the texture and tone of my skin, particularly on my legs. I'd definitely recommend it.

daimbardiva Thu 04-Jun-15 11:38:54

Oooh can I join in? Every year I promise myself I will get my legs summer-ready and never do...

AkkerDemik Thu 04-Jun-15 13:17:30

To get my legs summer ready I use hair removing cream - it works by dissolving the keratin in hair, but skin also has keratin so it gives very good exfoliation. Effectively it's a mild peel for the legs. I use it every other day, removing it with a roughish flannel, and four goes usually does it. Moisturise well after each application and on the day in between.

TobleroneBoo Thu 04-Jun-15 13:26:39

Yes, please join!

Akker, would any normal hair removal cream work or is this a special one?

This is the bumpf that comes with my moisturiser:

"In our Intensive Care™ Cocoa Radiant™ Lotion, we’ve combined healing micro-droplets of Vaseline® Petroleum Jelly, powerful moisturisers, and pure cocoa butter, in a rich, fast-absorbing formula.

The result is a lotion that moisturises to help heal dry and dull-looking skin, bringing out its natural glow.

I stupidly thought that this would give me a very subtle tan/ glow but I don't think that's the case anymore hmm

squoosh Thu 04-Jun-15 13:33:13

Has anyone tried lactic acid?

TobleroneBoo Thu 04-Jun-15 13:34:29

Until your post, I just thought it was something that caused cramp.

AkkerDemik Thu 04-Jun-15 13:40:03

Toblerone - I just use whatever's on offer at Boots for a large tube!

The only thing is to get one for normal skin, as long as your legs can stand it. The ones for sensitive skin don't work so well as they're less aggressive grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now