Petite and can't find anything to fit!

(7 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Mon 01-Jun-15 23:07:20

Ok, ladies, I have tiny bust, short arms and am about 5ft1 and a size 8. Got fairly chubby thighs and not a flat tummy either.
Really struggling to find nice clothes, especially tops as normal size 8 tops are now too baggy. Tried Next, Wallis, GAP, BHS and Principles but not finding much I like...tell me where you shop please!!

llwynogbach Mon 01-Jun-15 23:09:49

I have this problem being a 4ft 10 curvy size 8, I just discovered Dorothy Perkins petite...I'm completely converted and slightly skint now!

Tizwailor Tue 02-Jun-15 00:06:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Shonajay Tue 02-Jun-15 05:35:47

Dorothy Perkins. They always seem to have a sale on too, and free returns. They do tons of standard sizes and then the same outfit in petite, and there's always loads of petite in the sale. Have a look online today you'll be pleasantly surprised I think.

Mominatrix Tue 02-Jun-15 05:39:52

Try American labels - J Crew and Banana Republic. I'm 5'2 and the backbone of my wardrobe is J Crew. Great styles, and I never need to take them to the tailors for alteration.

bigTillyMint Tue 02-Jun-15 06:39:52

Ooh, DD is a curvy 5'2" size 8 and we are going to NY in October, so I will keep J Crew in mind!

BumbleNova Tue 02-Jun-15 09:50:34

banana republic are great for short people like me. their petite section is fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now