chub rub solutions

(12 Posts)
Cocolepew Sun 31-May-15 19:06:07

it's US stuff mostly, but hey ho

marriednotdead Sun 31-May-15 19:42:32

I spotted an ad for chafing thighs in the back of a 'naice' magazine. If it's an issue, it's worth finding a solution for smile

Snowflake15 Sun 31-May-15 19:45:58

I've literally just bought some 95% cotton bike shorts on Amazon - pregnant pver summer, solves both chub rub and fear of flashing knickers in skater/wrap dresses

HermioneWeasley Sun 31-May-15 19:48:22

I use cheap leggings that I cut down or liberally grease myself with olive oil. I suppose lard would work too grin

Quiero Sun 31-May-15 19:53:13

I'd love to find a solution to this problem as I look ridiculous in shorts. Would LOVE to wear skirts on holiday. Does olive oil work? Does it not feel horrid?

Snowflake15 Sun 31-May-15 19:54:14

Oil would surely stain your clothes, no?

HermioneWeasley Sun 31-May-15 19:56:20

quiero it was another Mnetter who got me onto the olive oil. Tried it once and didn't like it, but then unexpectedly found myself on a hot day in London wearing a dress and didn't have another option. Had to reapply a couple of times, but it definitely worked, and I once i got used to it, I quite enjoyed the sensation!

DustBunnyFarmer Sun 31-May-15 19:59:09

H&M sell cotton-rich cycling shorts with lace trim, very similar to the ones shown on the link in the OP. After a mortifying windy day/wrap skirt knicker flashing episode a few summers ago, I tend to wear them under wrap skirts now.

Quiero Sun 31-May-15 20:02:00

I'll have to give it a shot. I remember Evans (does Evans still exist?) used to do shorts for this but they would roll up which is really annoying. Last year I wore cycling type shorts but they made me really sweaty when we were abroad. Those anti chafing creams look quite interesting. I'd obviously pretend I was an avid sports woman rather than a fat bird going on holiday grin

Cocolepew Sun 31-May-15 20:10:05

I've always found anti perpserant
(sp) spray works.

ProbablyMe Sun 31-May-15 20:19:31

Stick antiperspirant applied to one inner thigh - works for me!

QueefOfTheDamned Sun 31-May-15 20:24:45

Taking Shape do cotton rich cycling type shorts called Easy Breezy. Can't find them on the website but I got some in store recently.

There's also Lanacane anti chafing gel. I have a tube somewhere but haven't got around to trying it yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now