Is this suitable to wear to a christening?

(9 Posts)
1wokeuplikethis Wed 27-May-15 14:19:05

http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Therapy+Butterfly+floral+jumpsuit/209864877,default,pd.html

1wokeuplikethis Wed 27-May-15 14:19:45

Sorry that link is a bit cack. Hope it works though.

Don't know if it's a bit too casual :-s

Runningupthathill82 Wed 27-May-15 15:08:02

I think it really depends on your figure. If you're slim and flat of chest then it would look lovely with heels and a semi-smart pale jacket (jersey blazer?)

But if you're curvier with big boobs, I think something that strappy could involve boob spillage, and it might be a bit much for church?

BadgersArse Wed 27-May-15 15:08:57

where is it? On a tropical island?

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Wed 27-May-15 15:14:16

Well. I wouldn't. But people seem to treat Christenings as weddings these days so who knows?!!

I think with Christenings you need to think what sort of people the parents and family are and what sort of a do they're having. Personally I just wear normal "church smart" for them, but I will be going to one in a month or so where I know the parents will have pulled out all the stops so may have to smarten up my act!

1wokeuplikethis Wed 27-May-15 16:45:01

I am slim and flat, ha! I would wear it with heels and a smart blazer/jacket.

I bought it because I love it but now don't have money to buy something else, oops. So therefore wondering if it's appropriate.

A christening on a tropical island sounds ace though.

TheGirlFromIpanema Wed 27-May-15 16:47:20

Tbh I would say not suitable for a christening...

although that being said if you have nowt else and it looks nice on then who cares grin

birkiekid Wed 27-May-15 16:54:50

Are you a guest or one of the parents/godparents? As a guest I would say it's fine with a jacket.

1wokeuplikethis Wed 27-May-15 19:57:02

Erm godparent. Oh bugger sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now