light-medium foundation for shiny skin, which doesn't slide off

(10 Posts)
FrancesHB Tue 26-May-15 22:29:51

I can't see to get foundation to stay on. The only one which ever has is doublewear, but it's too heavy coverage and I didn't like the texture.

My skin needs moisturising as it's normal and a little dehydrated, but it gets sooo shiny, and foundation just slips off after a couple of hours. Today I borrowed someone's phone and my face left an imprint. Grim.

I'm running low on foundation anyway, so I'd like to try something new. Skin in reasonably good nick, very fair indeed, with some fine and medium lines as I'm a grumpy 38 year old.

Any suggestions? Maybe I need to change my moisturising routine? Mattifier hasn't really helped much as it does seem to help the foundation stay on.

Carpaccio Tue 26-May-15 22:41:46

Which skincare products are you currently using?

I'd suggest Double Wear Light, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser (there are a couple of versions) and Estee Lauder Daywear BB cream.
They have always been good at giving me a sample before buying.

FrancesHB Tue 26-May-15 22:52:43

At the moment I'm using a serum (advanced night repair) and I think current moisturiser is nivea q10 one with spf. It's not really really rich or shiny particularly.

I have tried and loved the Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser - the illuminating one I think - thanks for reminding me. I see they do an oil free version. Maybe should try that.

For something slightly more coverage I will try the ones you've suggested, thank you.

FrancesHB Wed 27-May-15 20:55:22

Maybe I should switch moisturiser. I've never really liked the sensation of moisturisers for oily skin (I love my facial oils at bedtime), but it might make my foundation stay on better.

WhiteWriting Thu 28-May-15 13:24:12

I was recently experiencing the same issue and after a long quest I can state that Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation in Number 2 is the best I have ever tried. I am very fair, same age as you (ish) and need it to stay put all day in a demanding job. I have also stopped wearing moisturiser in the daytime as it sends make-up south. Instead I have been having fab results with Dr Haushka Clarifying Toner underneath the foundation. HTH.

FrancesHB Thu 28-May-15 14:28:29

Thanks WhiteWriting. I will try that smile

Forkrightorf Thu 28-May-15 17:28:04

Without using a primer I really like the staying power of Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation. I apply it with a stippling brush at the moment for a light coverage but it is buildable and lasts all day for me, liquid foundation often slides off of my face too

WhiteWriting Thu 28-May-15 17:53:54

pleasure - let us know how you get on!

justjuanmorebeer Thu 28-May-15 18:47:43

Max factor face finity!

Chicinwellies Thu 28-May-15 19:25:35

I have the same skin as you and really like bobbi brown cc cream, well worth a try. I use with la Roche posay skincare and have seen a huge improvement

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now