Opi Nail Envy

(6 Posts)
sonata1 Sun 24-May-15 19:19:02

My daughter was in despair over her nails. I think the problem happened after a very inexperienced "beautician" tried to remove her old Shellac polish and went at it scraping for nearly half an hour to get it off. This left her with peeling nails that split all the way down to the base. She is getting married soon and was in despair. She dispensed with all polish and tried Sally Hansen nail rehab and Orly Grow Aid. To no avail.Then a friend suggested Opi Nail Envy. Happy to say that her nails are recovering and growing well...at last !! Hope this helps someone.

Allie82 Sun 24-May-15 20:58:11

Oh so glad for her!! I had the same experience just before my wedding, you don't realise how bad shellac is for nails, especially if it's filed off. Nail envy didn't work for me. It I found cnd solar oil to be a life saver. Twice a day and my nails have never been better.

Dowser Sun 24-May-15 21:15:11

I need to get some more for my wedding nails.

They've been dreadful all over winter.

Yes shellac or Gelish didn't do my nails any favours either.

DeidreChambersWhatACoincidence Sun 24-May-15 21:23:31

Good to hear her nails are on the mend. smile
I'm also using it in desperation atm. One of my nails always so,it's vertically down. It's infuriating.

I've thought about shellac/gel nails but I'm worried about the damage. After some research Before m about to try Vinylux Polish. Hopeful it's going to help.

DeidreChambersWhatACoincidence Sun 24-May-15 21:26:30

splits vertically

sonata1 Sun 24-May-15 22:50:47

I forgot to add that, in addition, she bought about 3 bottles of solar oil and this together with the Opi is helping. She has decided to have acrylic nails for the wedding if her own haven't recovered enough in time. I only have shellac infrequently and I think you are right.... if you keep having new shellac one after another it is damaging to the nails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now